WnSoft Forums

Then and Now photo - New presentation

I have uploaded a new show which is VERY simply and small enough for dial-up users to download (798Kb).

A Fading then and now photograph HERE.

One of the first things that most impressed me with PTE was the quality of the fade. Other slide show programs came no where near to the PTE. At the time I was looking for a suitable way to show off my latest creations, which were 'lined up then and now photographs'.

These consist of two images of a local scene which have been taken years apart, I have spent a lot of time working out how to make the two images line up pixel for pixel so that when one image is placed on top of the other the buildings match up. By creating a slow fade between the two images allows you to see all that has changed in time. Making a show for these in PTE means I can use full screen images and also use variable fade times.

This is using PTE in its simplest form, its not pushing it to its limit here but I found that it was the best solution to the problem.

If you like this show then there are many more (70+) of these type of presentations, but in web page format on my website, just follow the link at the end of my presentation.

Thanks

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Andy,

Very nicely done. A very neat way to show how our world is changing.

Wow! I am extremely impressed by your website. It's full of some really neat stuff.

You are definitely an expert...at least to me...in image processing and display...and photography.

You must be the official archiver of Derby's visual history.

I urge all members to spend some time at Andy's website. Take a look at his "Then and Now" imaging that is located here:

Andy's Then and Now

Andy's main web site is located here:

DerbyPhotos

Take a look at his panoramas if you have a highspeed connection...really neat.

Andy...as an avid PTE user...I look forward to seeing some of your other concepts...such as the neat time-lapse idea you discussed in another thread. I am always looking for new ways to use PTE in my personal presentations.

Thanks for sharing with all of us.

ken

:D