WnSoft Forums

Windows XP

fotoman

Here's a good one. If I make a CD on my Windows 98 machine it runs on every machine I put it in except XP machines. Any advice on what could be wrong? By the way the XP machines are running home edition and are equiped with CD/DVD drives. If I create a CD on an XP machine it will not work on an XP machine either.

My CDs are created on a WinMe computer and run on WinXP not problem (and Win 98)

I know WinXP can be tricky at times with Autorun, but I can't tell you what the secret is as I have not had to try to find it.

Hopefully someone else can be of more help.

Jim

fotoman,

If your P2E Cd works on all other PCs except the questioned XP systems ... your issue is not likely the PTE.exe file or your Cd autorun.inf.

Your issue lies within some XP configuration settings. Since you say "Not only will the autorun feature not work" ... are you saying any type of CD you place in the CDROM Drive ( not your own P2E CDs) will not work ?

Can you manually open the P2E Show form the CD by double clicking it ... or is it that you cant even see the contents of the CD files from within the Explorer view ?

fotoman,

Do you have more than 1 CD Drive on those XP machines ? Or just the CD/DVD burner as your only choice to play CDs? Test your other CD Drives if available.

Another question : You say that a XP burned CD will not PLAY on the XP .... Is that same CD capable of PLAYING on the 98 machines ?

If the CD/DVD burner is all you have ... verify all your installed/ selected setup settings for that burner. You may have a missed a setting that enables auto detection or selection of disc type .... specifically DATA DISC.