WnSoft Forums

My First Post of PTE slide show

Tim Z

Hey all. Now that I have PTE running on my system, I put together a basic slide show of some of my bird photography. The show is about 4:50 minutes in length and is just over 11 megs. Hope that is not too long for a show here. Also, this is my first attempt at a show with PTE, so I still have a lot of things to figure yet with the program. The show is sized to be viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768. :)

From the early 80's to the mid 90's, I was seriously into wildlife photography, with the main focus on birds. Unfortunately, the images were all scanned from transparencies on my home scanner, so the quality is not up to what the original slides are. I plan to get a digital SLR really soon.

The music is an original composition by a friend of mine in Montreal. So it is not from my recording studio. If anyone likes this show, I will do some more of other subjects (i.e. flowers, animals, mushrooms, etc.)

Here's the link:

ZUROPAK BIRDS

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

Glad to hear you are up and running.

You have a very nice collection of pictures of our feathered friends, and have started were we all have at one time with a basic presentation.

The tricks, your personal touch, likes and preferences will come in time as you create more shows.

Now that you are able to view the .exe show files, by all means re-visit the good folks at “ Beechbrook Cottage “and other show links. Every technique I have learnt with the program is due to fellow members sharing.

Thanks for sharing yours and YES I am looking forward to more of your creations.

Well done Tim. Glad to see that you are up and running with your first show of some excellent bird photography. There are lots of techniques to learn which you will pick up by observation, experimentation and questions. I could answer most of your questions in another recent thread but I am sure others will respond more fully in a short space of time.

However I would like to draw your attention to my template suggestion given in your original thread on this forum and in particular the piece about Effects. I quote "Effects>Transition effects>Enable transition effects (selected). When setting up the template, if all the effects are selected these can be cleared by clicking the right hand button, showing two sheets of paper towards top left. Now select Fade in/out.". In my opinion, your first sequence would be much improved if this method was followed. At the moment one is left guessing which effect will be used next instead of concentrating on the excellent images. Ration your use of the other effects available.

Another suggestion is that you crop your your horizontal images to 4:3 ratio and size to 1024x768 pixels. Also that you group your vertical images in batches rather than chopping and changing.

Good luck and best wishes

Ron [uK]

Thanks for viewing guys.

Unfortunately Igor has advise me that I will not be able to view any PTE.exe shows created prior to the new v4.42 update, which accomodates my digital soundcard. All the shows at Beechbrook Cottage freeze on my system, so I cannot view any of them.

Ken, I agree about the transition effects. PTE was handling all the effects by default and I could not figure out how to change that, so I just left it alone until I figure it out. This is where a Help Menu would come in useful. There doesn't seem to be anyway to figure a lot of features out without it.

I will probably pull the show from my online storage now as I only have so much bandwidth there, and it doesn't appear to much of what people here want to see. As a photographer, I am more about the images than the show presentation. PTE is just a "fun" program for me. :)

t

Ken, I posted this thread just before I went and read the replies at my other thread. So yes, your guess is correct.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the tone I get from you is that you are annoyed by newcomers to PTE (like me) posting basic questions here. I heard about PTE about four days ago, have been using it for about three days and just recently got the program working on my pc. Naturally I need a resource to find out about the program. Is this not an appropriate forum for newcomers to post questions and learn? I cannot read, digest and fully understand everything put forward to me in a couple of days.

I have downloaded the tutorial and will see what it offers. I'll play with the program and not bother the forum with questions.

t

I am getting confused here. I raised the subject of use of effects and gave my advice in my thread above timed today at 8.01am British Summertime. I can see nowhere else in this posting on the subject, prior to my entry. However you can rely on Ken, who is a fount of information when directing forum members in the right direction. I do not recall anyone on the forum ever getting annoyed with basic questions. We have all had to start at the beginning and most like me are willing to impart whatever we have learnt, if we think it will be of some help. Keep smiling.

Ron [uK]