WnSoft Forums

Crystal Colour

tkimages

I have just uploaded a link to my 'latest' sequence. I say latest, but it is based on an original AV sequence from the late '80s, for which I used an imatronic, two slide projectors and a small hi-fi system! Long live digital! After using Photoshop to 'improve' my earlier photos, I decided to see if I could do the same with an old AV sequence. I scanned all the slides then chose more up to date music - originally Rick Wakeman's Searching for Gold - and used PS to improve/alter the slides and fades. I actually prefer the new version! The slides were photomicrographs of recrystallised citric acid, using the crossed polaroids technique.

Any thoughts on the longish colour change (through the spectrum) on one crystal?

I've been inspired, so I'm now going to attempt to bring Dam Powerful screaming into the 21st century.

Thanks

Tillman

http://www.tkimages.co.uk

Hello Tillman

I really enjoyed this show - the spectacular colours produced by the crossed-polaroid technique transforms the citric acid crystals into a wonderland of colour. All the transitions worked well for me and the music fitted beautifully. You've done a great job of updating this presentation.

Roger Walton