WnSoft Forums

Is this getting better

Tim Z

Better than what Tim? I thought the photography was excellent but the whole sequence maybe just that bit too long. There was one point when I thought the sequence had ended with the clarinet(?) player against a sunset. Maybe perhaps the music was a little bit repetitive making the sequence seem that much longer. I don't know but you have done well. One final thing check the box under Project Options>Main>Show settings>Close show after last slide, which presumably is a blank.

Good Luck

Ron [uK]

Same as Ron plus I find the multiple formats extremely distracting. There is enough material in there to do 2 or three individual shows on different subjects.

With the variety of monitor resolutions being what it is I set my shows to play in a 1024x768 window and crop my JPEGS to suit (keeps the total file size down). I have tried to avoid portrait shots ever since I started doing AVs and this helps to keep the aspect ratio uniform. Your images are ranging from (around) 1024x768 to full screen on my 1280x960 monitor and I suspect that some are fit-to-screen?

On the positive side the photography is excellent. I liked some of the macro/close-up stuff and the jumping fish was well caught.

I am presently engaged on a project to photograph a river and for what it is worth I have formed the opinion that it is better to shoot up river than down river. Likewise it is more interesting if canooists (?) are coming toward you than going away.

Well done,

DaveG

I agree with Dave & Ron's comments - I enjoyed the quality of the photographs and thought the show worked nicely although mixed transitions can be distracting (and, for me, the occasional sloping horizon was really distracting!).

It's worth considering alternative ways of using portrait format images so that the change in screen aspect does not clash too much. One technique is to overlay the portrait format images on a related landscape image, keeping this as a canvas for the sequence of portrait images.

IMHO the sequence would benefit from a "story" - some background information displayed as text or better a narration added to the sound track. (I kept wondering "where is he, who is he, etc).