WnSoft Forums

PTE to DVD

phillcoe

Hi All

I posted the same question a year ago and despite lots of responses I was unable to resolve the issue. The issue is simple, I want to burn a large PTE presentation to a DVD, which can then be presented from a DVD player via an LCD projector.

I have followed the 'help' method within PTE and tried the various suggestions I received last year but I still cannot get a good qualoty presentation onto a DVD/CD.

Can anyone give me a walk-through as to how to achieve this? I'm running XP and my DVD burnign software is BHA B's Recorder Gold, which came with the DVD drive.

Hope you can help.

Cheers.

Phill

Phil:

You might want to post this note on the PTE DVD form here

You have stated quite clearly what you want to do and I am sure there are good reasons for doing it that way, but just musing why not use a laptop and the projector ?

Phill

As Jim has said look back through the original postings in "How to Create a Video" and hopefully you should find your answers there. Particularly to create an SVCD which will play back on a DVD player. I have done this successfully from the information contained under that Heading, but using Roxio Easy CD Creator. I don't know anything about BHA B's Recorder Gold, but possibly some member on the Forum will be able to answer that one. However it would have been better if this topic had been opened in "How to Create a Video" and not in "Pictures to EXE"

Welcome and good luck.

Ron [uK]

phil,

I use sonic solutions dvdit and it is able to use the avi video file direct from p2e. If your recording software for the dvd program cannot directly use the video avi that p2e uses, then I think you are out of luck. If it does then just use all the defaults as shown on the output screen. One the file is recorded as an avi video file minimize the p2e screens and set the media up in the dvd program. Mine works perfectly all the time. Good luck...jongru

I am sure that you will find the method that you are seeking, but I am equally sure that you will not be satisfied with the final quality as compared to an EXE file from PTE. Sadly, the technology to produce DVD from an .avi file has not yet matured.

Ron