WnSoft Forums

Music Synch

val.b

I am new PTE and for the most part I've been able to figure it out. The tutorials are pretty poor so thank goodness for this forum. I have done a search but haven't found an answer to my issue. I am making simple slide shows for senior portraits. I use one cut of music and have the auto synch checked. In every slide show I have made the music ends with 2 slides to go. I have tried to synch it manually but I don't understand how to use the timeline and points etc. Is there a simple way to solve this? Also, is there any way to preview just a part of the show without having to watch the entire show? I'm wasting a huge amount of time previewing the entire slide show just to see if it synchs with the music.

Many thanks for any help!

Val.b

Welcome to PTE

If, after adding your muisc and clicking on SYNC SLIDE SHOW TO JMUSIC DURATION, open the timeline (Either TIMELINE at the bottom, or CUSTOM SYNCHRONIZATION and if the transitions don't show, then click on VIEW POINTS and then ARRANGE POINTS, that should get you started

Hi Val

Also, is there any way to preview just a part of the show without having to watch the entire show? I'm wasting a huge amount of time previewing the entire slide show just to see if it synchs with the music.

Just hit the [Esc] key at any point in the preview and you'll go back to your main PTE program screen.

It takes a little while to get to know PTE but it is worth it! For what it's worth, I have always found the synch feature in PTE wonderfully versatile and easy to use after a short learning curve.

Beth

Sorry my mistake...

Look for TIMED POINTS rather than VIEW POINTS

The click on ARRANGE ALL POINTS if necessary

"points" are the transition timing on the timeline

Further to Bethan's reply (sorry I missed that question first time through....)

You can preview the show from any point using the timeline (and the small preview window in the timeline). It is a little tricky because the START button becomes a PAUSE button once started and you might not notice that. If you hit STOP, then START is a start button again.

So hit START, preview starts at slide one. if you hit PAUSE (Start) then you can click at anypoint on the timeline, the blue triangle moves to that point and click on PAUSE again, to start up the preview.

For full screen preview: click on the sl;ide you want to start the preview at along the bottom of the main page, then click on the "Slice of bread" a very small parallelogram at the bottom right of the preview pane on the main page. The full screen prevbiew will start there and run until you hit ESC