WnSoft Forums

Email Hyperlink

Is there a way of adding a hyperlink to an email program (such as Outlook Express) to a page in Photoshop. I want to add a 'contact' page to a CD containing my PTE Slide Shows and I want the user to be able to click on the 'email link' so that it will open up his/her email program.

Is there a way of adding a hyperlink to an email program (such as Outlook Express) to a page in Photoshop.  I want to add a 'contact' page to a CD containing my PTE Slide Shows and I want the user to be able to click on the 'email link' so that it will open up his/her email program.

I assume the following is what you want. I'm a little unlcear about what PhotoShop has to do with it. The way to link so that someone can send you an email is described below. You can just use any word editor to create the file - actually just take the code below and modify and save it as a file with the extension .htm

This small file should be added to your CD along with the slide show. It would be better if you had a menu to autorun rather than just jumping into the executable slideshow so that the email link could be chosen. Any link which opens the user's email program to send you an email should be an html file.

You can create the file from scratch with any text editor, but remember to save it wih the extension .htm so that the browser will have access. I really can't understand the part about PhotoShop. Any text written in PhotoShop is simply a graphic (picture of text) so that doesn't work. Below the sample are instructions from PhotoShop for Saving for Web which "may" be of interest....

You just need a small "snippet" of html code embedded in a very simple html document which contains:

<a href = "mailto:data2@mesanetworks.net">

Substitute your email address in the above example and add the normal html header and link code following.

Here is a complete sample:

<html>

<head>

<p><b><font face="Times New Roman" size="4" color="#0000FF"><a href="mailto:data2@mesanetworks.net">Click here to Email</a></font></b></p>

</a></font></b></p>

></font>

</html>

Just write out the above and give it a name such as email.htm

Lin

How To Tip:

Save a file to enclose in an e-mail message using the Save for Web option.

When you save an image to enclose in an e-mail message, you want to minimize file size, while maintaining image quality. The Save for Web option lets you resize an image as well as preview different optimization settings. Each preview includes file size and estimated download time. Thus, without altering the original image, you can see the results of various settings and choose the setting that best meets your needs.

Open the image in Photoshop, and choose File > Save for Web.

In the Save for Web dialog box, click the 4-Up tab so that you can compare four different optimization settings. The Save for Web dialog box displays the original image with three previews using different settings.

Click a preview to select it, and then choose a file format preset from the Preset pop-up menu to see the difference in quality. Repeat as needed for each preview. Choose presets based on the file format appropriate for your image:

JPEG for continuous tone images, such as photographs. JPEG compression preserves a broad range of color and subtle variations in brightness, but does not support transparency.

GIF for animations, solid-color images, and images with repetitive color, such as line art and logos. GIF supports transparency.

If you want to resize the image, click the Image size tab on the right side of the dialog box. Enter the desired dimensions for Width and Height. Click the Apply button in the tab. (When you save the file, Photoshop resizes only the optimized version.)

Select the preview that best meets your needs, and click Save.

In the Save Optimized As dialog box, locate the folder in which you want to save the image, type a name for the file, and click Save.