WnSoft Forums

Copying Styles to new computer

Annie C

I recently purchased a new computer and installed the latest version of PTE on it.  Now I would like to copy all the slide styles and transitions from the original machine  to the new one in some bulk process. Copying them one at a time is doable using export, but would take a long time as I have many styles I created 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried this myself and it works fine. I had added several new styles on my iMac. I selected Styles and used right click on the Category name and then selected Export Category. I saved it using the same Category name but added rev1 at the end.

I opened PTE AV Studio on my MacBook opened Styles and selected Import Style. I had expected a completely new Category with the rev1 name to be created but PTE recognised that some of the Styles already existed. It gave me the opportunity to overwrite the existing ones or two Skip them and imported the new ones all into the Existing Category.

If you have not tried this already it is certainly worth a go.