WnSoft Forums

been using it but need help

muscle750

Basically im using PS7, and i have seen various presentations where the background remains while other pictures are introduced and removed etc, i have seen a quick demo and basically got lost. It appears that they did it using layers. Am i right in presuming u set up each individual image (both background and other image) as a jpeg, save it then use that. Or is there a easier way. obviously the background takes up the whole screen while the other pics are of varying size and postion etc.

In PS7 you can put your background on Layer 1 and then add further layers as required with the other images that you want to use over the fixed background.

Each layered image can then have its own Layer mask to produce the required transparency (to allow you to see through to the background).

You can move the resulting layered image around over the background to produce the best result and/or enlarge reduce.

When producing the JPEGs for PTE you then turn off the layers that you don't require leaving just the background and each required image in turn. There is (virtually) no limit to the number of layers you can use for this method. Same thing applies to adding text on layers over a fixed background.

I have never used the Object Editor to do this kind of thing but I have heard tales of the "object" appearing in a position other than was intended. PS7 is the best way to do this (my opinion).

DaveG