WnSoft Forums

Help with customised synchro

rwav

Is it possible to make the background music starts only a few slides down the show *and* from there, use the customised synchronisation feature?

When I use the customised synchro, the music starts right at slide #1, even though the mp3 file is associated with slide #4. The whole reason for that is to make silent presentation slides (with name, song, etc.) and then, display the main slideshow.

Welcome aboard rwav !!!!

One way to do what you want is to add "silence" to the front end of your music.

The slides will start with the music, but the music will be silent.

Welcome WRAV,

Is there a name behind the letters? Anyhow Jim is right about the silence, if you imagine that if you use the syncro option then your MP3 becomes a tape recording. So if you need to start your music late then you need to move it down the "tape". Most if not all music editors give you a real time display for the recording, so you don't have to record silence as such just drag the music start to the point on the timeline you wish it to start.

Alan :)

RWAV,

Another possibility, although it may not be suitable for your application, is to design a short non-synched introduction slide show with your introduction slides and an object on the last slide which when you click on it, will start the main synched show. Many requests have gone in to Igor to have the capability of automatically starting a second application at the end of the first. This feature would make this method even more viable

Also, it is possible to have two pieces of music in the playlist, the first one being the silent piece. This, too, may not work in your situation, as some people have been complaining about unreliable timing with more than one music selection.

Thank you all for your answers and warm welcomes.

Alan: rwav stands for "Room with a View", which is the name of my website. The name behind it is Genevieve. :)

I am new with this software, and new with digital music aspect as well (cda to MP3 etc.). Add a new scanner and deadline and that makes it a pretty stressful experience, even for what is only a hobby. :)

Hi Genevieve,

Welcome again to the forum. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to be chomping on the finger nails every time I sit down to create a show. But the end result is always worth it. I made a show 10 years ago using slides and tape called "The King's Birthday" it was one of my first efforts at A/V but I am still aproached by people who remember the show. This weekend I am attending a competition as an observer, and it will be great to watch others sweat for a change. As for your own efforts, keep pluging away it's well worth it, and if you search the forum you will find that there are fellow sufferers near by who you can meet to compare battle scars. I found that A/V groups are very helpful in getting past the difficulties.

Alan :)