WnSoft Forums

Orta

d67

Hello

Here, on Bill's (Beechbrook Cottage) upload pages, you wil find my last slideshow : Orta

End October 2004 we (my wife, my son and I) made a short stay in the italian Great Lake region (Como Lake, Lake Major).

We put our suitcases in Orta village, standing against the mount Mottarone, situated on the border of the little lake Orta and facing the tiny Isle of Silence.

During our 4 days stay we had probably the worst weather of the year ! Cold and heavy showers and fog !

We saw the sun just for 1 hour as the mount Mottarone and it's pass emerged over the clouds !

Despite this adverse conditions we felt in love for this beautiful and romantic piece of Italy.

A year later, as it is often my case, I heard a particular music and I instantly associated it to my very few shots of Orta.

I hope you will take pleasure to follow me during this short promenade, although my shots are far from the standards (bright sun) of the genre !

Just for information, I choosed this destination after having viewed Daniel Laugier's slideshows about the Lake Major's Isles.

Daniel himself went to Orta due to the good advices of Guru!

With PTE and it's community, everything is possible !!! :D:D:D

Comments, positive or negative, are all welcome.

Ciao !

P.S.

I thanks heartily Bill for his great efficiency and kindness !

Goodday Patrick.....nice show...calm images+calm music....and calm transitions. And the white sky is not always a problem because there is not a great difference in contrasts, the only disadvantage is that you get some flat images because you miss some sparkling lights......and what I do not like is that some images have slanting horizons (when you leave the Island for example) :angry: did you not see that.... this can be very distracting..... but maybe not for you and someone else.......

For the rest I think you succeeded in giving me the feeling and atmoshphere that you experienced at your visit to this Island. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing

Michel Verhoef

Hello Michel

the only disadvantage is that you get some flat images because you miss some sparkling lights

For sure, mastering light was problematic and I am not sure I mastered something at all most of time. :rolleyes:

Such light flattens everything.

......and what I do not like is that some images have slanting horizons (when you leave the Island for example)  did you not see that....

Oh yes I saw that, but, as the lake and isle borders are not straight horizontal I had to find a compromise between vertical fronts and horizontal border line. Concerning your personal feeling my compromise seems to be a bad choice :huh:

For the rest I think you succeeded in giving me the feeling and atmoshphere that you experienced at your visit to this Island.

Precisely due to the the bad lighting conditions I was really unsure to have a chance to transmit my personal feeling.

I am happy to succeed, at least in part, for you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you for your comments

slanting horizons (when you leave the Island for example)

As I well know Patrick , alias d67, I imagine that he wanted to suggest that the ship was moving more than it is usual on a lake .... He is a poet, but also a good expert about photography ; the horizontal lines is one of his priorities when he does a critic about our members presentation on the french support Diapositif.

No place for a result by chance for him! :lol:

Have a nice day !

Hello Patrick

I really liked your slideshow of Orta. Keep it as it is. I agree with Daniel about the horizon giving a sense of movement on the boat.

I do not have such high standards as one of my rules is that you are alllowed one duff image in a slideshow, especially when you are short of images to fill the music sequence.

You did well under difficult light.

Paul