WnSoft Forums

New Show for Fuji Boy

Lloegyr

Last week Fujiboy was talking about image size and fade times etc. As usual the forum gave lots of helpful advice. However one of his messages gave lots more information and it got me thinking. I thought it would be good to do an actual test along the lines Fujiboy stated.

On the 20th of December I accidentally spilled 500ml of liquid over something. I kept it knowing that it would come in useful (It did)!!!

3 weeks ago I advised a friend that good value for money was the FUJI S602Z, which he did then actually buy.

Over the weekend I borrowed the Fuji camera (No manual to read though) and took a series of photos with a particular point in mind.

Details mainly for Fuji Boy but others may be interested.

I took a lot of close up shots (all hand held by the way), used the 3Mb Fine setting which saves files about 1.2Mb in JPG size. Then as we had all advised resized the pics to 800 * 600 and added a few corrections, used an old midi file and put the whole show together to fit on 1 floppy disc. The result is this show, which is not perfect but gives a good idea of possibilities that can be quickly done, hopefully looks ok but shows that good quality can be achieved on the screen with a bare minimum of space. Generally 70k per pic.

www.Beechbrook.com Show is called “Folio”

For Fuji Boy, the 6Mb setting does not actually help a great deal, the TIFF files it saves are actually interpolated and massive and it would be better if they had used the 3MB setting to make straight TIFF files rather than JPG’s, but I shall still buy one when I can afford it!

By the way the close ups I did of a dead hard disc head are stunning.

Mike

Mersea Island

Hello Mike,

You be right about the 3 Megapixel fine settings for general purpose ( daily photo's)

Try this litlle test:

take some photographs, one on 3 Mp and the other on 6 Mp.

Afterwards take a small detail from the photos with photoshop (crop)

and look at the difference of sharpness etc.

If i need to crop the photos they stay sharp and have clean pixels, in the other jpg modes not anymore

Thats the only reason i prefer to use the 6 mp Tiff format.

Now i follow the advice, rezise the files to 800x600. I keep files from between 80 kb to 120kb

so have not anymore problems with transitions.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts