WnSoft Forums

Skipping pictures in slideshow

lsalazar

Isalazar,

One reason could be that you have too little time between the end of one transition and the start of another, or even overlapping transitions with no time allowance between. You can see this occurring on the timeline if you examine the horizontal bars between each transition.

Playing directly from the CD may make the problem worse as more time may be required to read from the CD and process each transition, than to read directly from the hard drive.

Funnily enough I have the same problem ie slides not showing upon playback of CD even on my own computer.

I take on board the comments about the slides being too close together but on my slide show slide no 1 lasts for 4 seconds including a 3 second transition, slide no 2 lasts for 4 seconds with a two second transition, the third slide is 3.5 seconds with a 2 second transition and the 6th slide runs for 6.5 seconds with a 2 second transition. When I play back the slide show, slide 1 is ok, as is slide 2, but slide 3 shows for a fraction of a second then reverts back to slide 2 and slide 4 is skipped altogether!

I have created other slideshows with similar timing and not had a problem so any more suggestions as to what is going wrong will be very welcome.

Thank you - Nettleton

Nettleton

DaveG has probably hit the problem on the head. I have had this problem in the past and it was because I had not allowed enough time between slides and transitions. I have found that you need at least a full half second or more clear between each slide time (including transition). Check it out on the time line.

gogs

gogs,

Will recreate the beginning of my slide show allowing a little more time for each slide/transition, then burn to CD and see what the results are. If I find I'm still skipping slides, etc., then I'll get back to the Forum!!

Many thanks - Nettleton

DaveG,

Sorry not to have replied earlier - None of the slides overlap on the Timeline, there is at least 30 seconds clear between. I ran my original CD on another computer and this time it worked perfectly! The plot thickens???

• 2 weeks later...