WnSoft Forums

Object Editors

JRR

Not being familiar with the coding and any complications/impossibilties I might be asking for too much, but it would be very nice if the extremely useful OBJECT EDITORS were not screen resolution sensitive.

While the OBJECT EDITORS screen allows us to check the layout using various screen resolutions, the "problem" I have with the OBJECT EDITORS is that some of my PTE productions are put on CDs and sent to people who are not computer savvy.

I want the show to look right when they view it. That is no problem if there are no OBJECT EDITORS within the show. But if I have used them, then depending what resolution the viewer's screen is set for, they might "line up" where I wanted them, or might not. Lack of line-up can cause confusion with the viewer depending on how the OBJECT EDITORS were used or just present a messy view .

I know I can tell them at what resolution to set their screen, but how many people really bother to read instructions when they get a CD ? :lol: And the less computer savvy will not understand what I am talking about.

It would be great if I could have "idiot proof" PTE productions that are not sensitive to screen resolution.

If you have several objects on a page - eg buttons - and want them to always line up, put them all into a 'group'. That way they will always remain in the same relative positions no matter what resolution the users screen is set to. When making the buttons, its always a good idea to size them so that they will fit on to a low resolution screen (ie 640x480), then select them all with your mouse and group them together. The grouped buttoms will then always stay together in a block and be useable no matter what resolution they are viewed in.

Ian

Jim, if you have not too many slides with objects, you can embed them in the pictures with Photoshop or another suitable picture editor. As to links, you can insert transparent blank GIFs as objects, large enough to overlap your buttons (or everything else) you placed in the main picture, in the range 800x600 - 1280x960 (I think is enough!).