WnSoft Forums

Narrowing the problem down a bit...

zepperwing

First, I can see that the members in this group are extremely interested in helping others. As an educator, it is ever so nice to see this.

I created a nice show using photos of my students from a week's trip in the desert. It contains a variety of photos from landscape, activities, and community work that they performed there. I then created backgrounds for groups of photos and set it up as the tutorial by Al Robinson suggested. I actually followed it word-by-word. Using the Timeline, I created a show that was pleasing. I used "fade" for all photos and extended some of the transitions so that they blended into each other in places. When I play it on the computer, it works great. It runs smoothly and the times are right on the money from what I set.

I then go to burn this in the standard way using Nero. I burned this to a CD and then opened it to play. The timings, in many places are changed. Some are amazingly quick while others are extremely long and linger on one photo.

I tired various speeds but this did not seem to help.

I then attempted to burn this into a DVD following the directions the site provides but was unable to get NERO to recognize the file.

Finally, to complicate matters, I went back to this show and resigned myself to having to use it with no music. Of course, as I found, the timeline does not work without a music file. Thus, I would have to address each slide individually if I want to address this.

So...any suggestions would be appreciated. I do see how this program can be wonderfully useful and perhaps even more so than say Powerpoint, but I don't understand why it gets these gliches when I use Nero. Perhaps I should try another burning tool?

Thanks all-Jamie Margolis

I need to copy this to a DVD so that I can show it to my school. I have it saved on my hard drive here and as I said, it works fine.

It's always better not to run a show from a CD as the reading can be slow and mess up the timings. By all means save the show on CD for backup but copy it to the desktop for showing.

Jamie,

Are you intending to play it at school using a DVD player? If so, you will need to use the "Video" button at the bottom of the main screen, create a temporary AVI file, and then burn it to a DVD using an external video DVD-creating program.

If you are not going the "video" route, then as Roger says, it is better to first copy the "exe" file to your computer at school and run it from there.