WnSoft Forums

Test

Ronniebootwest

Sorry about this post fella's!

I just want to create a new post to confirm that the 'number of posts' in the new invision forum is working correctly now.

In my case the number is showing as 329 at the moment, so after this new posting that number should now rise to 330. If it does then the problem has been fixed. UPDATE: This now works fine.

I wonder if the same number is showing against my name on your computers?

Mine was still stuck on 639 at 7.29 GMT today. But let's see what this brings.

Ron [uK]

P.S. Having looked and back for a quick edit it is now correctly on 640. RW

Guest Techman1

Ronnie was just trying to get his numbers up above mine!!! :D

Just kidding! It looks like the forum is running well now. I've been out of town for several days and it is buzzing right along. We will really be putting it to the test as soon as the Beta 5.00 is out. I hope it's ready to handle the load. The wait is driving me wacko! :wacko:

Take care all.

Fred

Pull your horns in Fred! Version 5 will be here soon and my guess is that there will be loads and loads and loads of threads dealing with the Pan & zoom feature. For my part, I just hope that PTE does not go the way of ProShow Gold and become too gimmicky. The quality we get at the moment is the best there is and I don't want to see that sacreficed or compromised in any way.

Ronnie & Roger,

I completely agree with you both ~ PTE Version 4.4X is really superb ~ the only thing I would like to see it do is to preserve the 'Aspect Ratio' and relative 'Text Placements' when moving from 800x600 to 1024x768 size Screens ~ that would really polish up the Program.

I just wonder how many people think as we do ?...personally speaking I think Igor should retain the PTE 4.4x as an alternative to the new PTE V-5.0...in other words offer 2 products, "Basic and De-Lux"

The "Basic Version" is so well developed and so Web friendly and so Universal that it works on all PC's, whereas I can see 'application-problems' with the "De-Lux" version when one wants to go on the Internet and the Web in particular, not to mention the hidden problems of sending Pan & Zoom attached to EMails and the problems of resolving the Images once received.

One can't stop people from trying to do that....

Most Graphic Cards in most PC's are fairly basic (thats the majority of PC's) and it has been my experience, if you really want good 'Zoom and Pan' you need a good Graphics Card with lot's of Cache Memory and a fast Co-Processor ~ anything else, and the presentations are terrible.

Yes,I know Igor has developed a new 'Graphics Engine' but it remains to be seen if the basic 'Graphics Card' can do it justice, (that would be a 1st in the Software World)....so Igor,please,please retain and support PTE4.4x for those who really want it's simple superb 'functionality'.

Brian.Conflow.

I fully support the comments in this thread concerning the need to prevent PTE from becoming too complex. With software development, it is always possible to think of new things to do and clever tricks to perform whislt losing sight of the main objective of the software.

Jeff Evans