WnSoft Forums

Random loop troubles

Tim Z

I have distributed a few of my PTE shows to various people for viewing and comments. The majority of them have no trouble playing and viewing the shows, but a few do have trouble. On some computers, they have what they describe as a looping problem. In other words, the show will loop on a particular image and either not continue the show, or will loop for a short while and then continue. I have experienced this same looping issue on my wife's pc with .exe files that play perfectly on my pc. It appears to be something to do with the length of the transition effect in relation to the view time for the image. When I check the timeline it all appears okay, but in some cases if I reduce the transition time, then the loop problem disappears (at least on my wife's pc it does).

Does anyone have an idea what causes this and hoiw it can be avoided? I was considering marketing a variety of PTE shows on CD, but if there are random playback compatability problems, then that pretty well scares me out of that idea.

Thanks

Tim

Does anyone have an idea what causes this and hoiw it can be avoided? I was considering marketing a variety of PTE shows on CD, but if there are random playback compatability problems, then that pretty well scares me out of that idea.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

It may be that you have slides too close together, i.e. I find I need at least 300 ms between the end of a transition on Slide 1 before starting Slide 2. On my computer, if I reduce this spacing, then the fist slide just repeats itself.

Jeff

Hi Tim,

It may be that you have slides too close together, i.e. I find I need at least 300 ms between the end of a transition on Slide 1 before starting Slide 2. On my computer, if I reduce this spacing, then the fist slide just repeats itself.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

Is that a known issue with PTE? I would have thought that you could have the transition right up to the next slide and it would work fine. Why is it that this happens? So I guess I need to go back and make sure all the transitions are more than 300ms before the next slide.

t