WnSoft Forums

Training video ??

kpshira

I am working on a training video and need to be able to have the viewer click a button to see a PDF file. I have all the files on a CD with the slide show. The problem I am having is related to the fact that not all CD drives share the same drive name (letter) so that when I call for the file, the path isn't always correct. I read some of the other threads and tried not specifying a path, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kipper

Guest Techman1

Kipper,

Welcome to the forum.

If you put all of the PDF files in the root and add the object settings for a Hyperlink without any paths [or drive letters] specified, your clients should be able to simply click on the link and it should open the PDF files. This assumes that they have the Acrobat Reader installed on their PC's.

Have you tried removing the path information and simply putting the PDF files in your Root directory of the CD?

Let us know and if you need additional information, I'm sure someone here can help further.

Regards,

Fred

Fred Dickinson Photography

Here's a screen shot of this:

PDF-File1.jpg

I hope this helps.

Fred