WnSoft Forums

Show Video

denwell

I have Granot's excellent utility - ShowvideoPTE.

I wonder if you might consider an improvement to allow positioning of the avi window.

The window appears in the centre of the screen, which is OK for most purposes but it would certainly offer greater flexibility to be able to specify the exact position, relative to other background items/design.

What do you think Granot?

DEN (NE UK)

Uploaded new version of ShowVideoPTE - Version 2.0

Here is the readme file:

Use this utility in one of two ways:

1). Autorun a video file from a CD.

Include the video file, this utility and "autorun.inf" in the root of your CD. (use the supplied "autorun.inf" file).

2). Run a video from a presentation.

Example: if you use "PicturesToExe" then run the utility by using "Run external application" command. Include the video file, this utility and your presentation in the root of your CD. (use your own "autorun.inf" file).

These files may work but I didn't try all:

AVI, QT, MOV, MPG, MPEG, M1V, ASX, ASF, WMV

Cutomize appearance using "VideoSettings.ini" file:

As a default, the video will be displayed on the center of screen in its original size. You can include "VideoSettings.ini" file where you customize the screen position and can add control buttons (including Full Screen option button).

On First line: Width of your show if not full screen. If full screen write zero (0).

On Second line: Height of your show if not full screen. If full screen write zero (0).

On Third line: X position of video on screen.

On Forth line: Y position of video on screen.

On Fift line: write 1 for adding control buttons, write 0 for not adding control buttons.

On Sixth line: write the R,G,B numbers (with commas)of Background color to be displayed under the control buttons. Example: 255,15,89

If you give this utility to a friend, please include this Readme file for instructions.

Download link: ShowVideoPTE

Granot

Thanks Granot - you have excelled once again!

This is just what I was looking for - and more! The controls are a bonus as are the colour and screen size adjustments.

I'll give it a thorough try-out, but it seems that we are in your debt once again my friend.

DEN (NE UK)