WnSoft Forums

A mythical car

d67

Daniel released a very well done and interesting slideshow wich subject is a mythical french car : the Citroën Traction avant

The slideshow Traction shows us many rare and beautifully restaured examples of this car.

The very good and sharp images, the music background and the synchronized transitions ... everything contributes to a very good moment in company of a car that evokes many childhood memories for numerous of us :):)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Patrick ! :D

I did not imagine that this car was so popular outside of France !

I discovered that many "Citroën clubs" exist in North America , Argentina , Brazil , Australia....The production was not the same that today ones ..

It was the car of the transition : before the war, and after the war !

The owners are very sympatic and from all social positions.

a car that evokes many childhood memories for numerous of us You are right, Patrick... ;):P:angry:

Bonjour Daniel,

A very nice show, I am sure many people outside France know the "Traction Avant" which is the grand-mother of most of the actuals cars which use the Front-wheel-drive.

It was not really a new idea, however, it was Citroen that really took such drivetrains into the mainstream. Rack-and-pinion steering followed in 1936, again a basic principle still followed today.

I am sure that you'll receice many mails about this show.

Great !