WnSoft Forums

STARTING P2E from standing slide

jinjagoliath

Dear All,

Hit a small problem at the weekend.

We wanted to use P2E as background presentation for a CD launch concert, but couldn't do 2 things:

1. Hold the first image of the .exe file on the screen

2. Begin the presentation from this standing start (without messages . cursors etc. appearing)

Is this possible to do? So that the audience doesn't see the techie stuff on screen?

To get around this we did try launching P2E from Powerpoint (which is possible to do via a hyperlink and a bit of a comprimise) but then windows gives a "some files are not safe message" which we couldn't get rid of.

Any suggestions, should we have to go down this route again?

What I would do is create a one page show ("launch page" I call it ) that keeps last image on the screen.

The use an object on the one page, to Launch the show you really want to show.

I gussy up the launch page to suit the situtation and either launch off some text, a picture or an invisible gif file

I'll try to find the reference to how to do this which I have posted before on the forum. You can e-mail me off line if you need specifics.

1. Hold the first image of the .exe file on the screen

2. Begin the presentation from this standing start (without messages . cursors etc. appearing)

Well, if I've understood you correctly, then all you need to do is:

a. set the display time for the first slide to a very large number (600 s for 10 mins?)

- "Customise slide" - "Use own time preference"

b. check in Project Options - Advanced that mouse control is set (default is right-click to advance, but you can change it).

c. make sure "Hide mouse cursor during show is ticked"

Alternatively, simply make a one slide show with these parameters then run the rest (another show) by using "Run application after last slide" in the Project options - advanced.

Ah yes I see.

The separate launch file works best I think - I then do not have to change the 'real' presentation.

I have tried this and it works consumately - except for a very quick flicker of the mouse cursor at the beginning of the main presentation (a bug perhaps?).

Thanks very much for your help guys!!

TTFN

I do still see the flicker of the mouse even on the presentation.

Not ideal.

But to bodge it .. I begin the launch file from the very corner of the desktop, so that when it does flicker it is very much out of line of sight.

The presentation is looking quite nice .. perhaps I should post .. (muses to self) ..

I've had notes about this for some time (article in AVWorld) and also on the web site at www.digital-av.co.uk.

See pages about background screen and invisible buttons

and also article about clean desktop called clear the decks

Put the shortcut to your launch PTE programme on your desktop

and I also auto hide the taskbar (taskbar & start menu properties)

Hope this helps :)

BW Maureen