WnSoft Forums

Multiple Slideshows to DVD

JohnFeg

I have created, as seven separate PTE slideshows, a record of a recent journey through Egypt. Each slideshow, in its .exe format, is about 15 minutes long. Total volume of data is a little under 2 GB.

I want to make a Video DVD incorporating all seven individual slideshows, ideally as chapters.

I, normally, use Nero Vision Express for making DVDs.

What I cannot figure out is: that, as the PTE Project has to remain open while the burning engine transcodes the data, how do I retain that data while I repeat the process for the other six slideshows?

I will be most grateful if someone can point me in the right direction.

John

John

open each of your shows individually

make the avi for each one

and import/get each avi to Nero Vision Express and burn

you may exceed the capacity of the disk if the avi's total 1 gb -- nero will tell you -- if you are are running nero 6.6 or later

nero will not "make Chapters" but each show will be represented by an icon

if you have 6 shows and you start the show on show 4 it will play to the end [show 6] and then revert to the main menu

if you start at show 1 it will play all shows

but you can stop the show at any time with the dvd player remote control

ken

with nero vision xpress import them all and see if nero says you have too many - it willl try to adj thesize

if it is able to burn

carry on select the menu background , buttons title etc and burn

1 gb is going take some time so dont get impatient

and do not close all the instances of p2e till have the dvd in your dvd player working ok

with nero vision express you have the option of making another -- this one will take less time

good luck

ken

As a variation to what Ken described (and I'm using ROXIO) I find that making a hard disc image (ISO File) works better for me. Having made the ISO file I can then close down all PTE files and burn to DVD later.

I don't know if Nero Express allows this but if it does, it is worth trying.

DaveG

Thanks for that Ken & DaveG, is my understanding correct that I: create the avi files for each slideshow, click "finish" in the avi creation dialogue box, before creating the 2nd, 3rd etc etc avi file, but, leave it open after creating the final avi and leave it open while Nero is doing its business?

John

John

from

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1408

this may be dated but it has not changed

Dec 15 2003, 04:23 AM Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin

Member No.: 1

How to prepare and then burn DVD-Video or SVCD disc

Using PicturesToExe you are able to produce AVI video file which can be easily burned as DVD-Video disc with help of any special software (read below). Even it is possible to create SVCD disc on usual CD-R disc with high quality of image and sound (almost as DVD-Video). PicturesToExe provides fast and lossless transferring of video and audio for converting into DVD-Video format. This allows to keep excellent quality of your presentations and very smooth transition effects.

Advice: please create usual EXE files for playing of presentations on PC, and DVD-Video disc if you want to play your presentations on DVD players connected to TV.

Newest version of PicturesToExe is 4.20 beta:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip

1) Preparing of AVI file file in PicturesToExe:

Start PicturesToExe; open your project; and then call AVI video output dialog ("AVI button in the main window of PicturesToExe").

Choose "NTSC" TV system, if you live in United States, Canada, Japan, Taiwan or South Korea. Choose "PAL/SECAM" TV system you live in Europe, Australia, Africa, or in any other country.

Select "DVD-Video disc", if you have DVD-Writer or "SVCD disc" if you have usual CD-R/RW drive.

"Interlaced for TV" option is highly recommended to get excellent quality and smoothness of transitions on TV.

You can click "Preview" button to immediately see the resulting presentation playing as video file. In this mode, please ignore that transitions may be shown not so smooth. But on burned DVD-Video disc all transition effects will play excellent as in usual EXE file. Also we recommend to make sure that text fonts are enough large to be readable on the screen of TV.

Now click the "Create AVI file" button and PicturesToExe will produce video file within 10-30 seconds. Important note: Please don't click "Finish" button until you didn't fully burn the DVD-Video disc.

and from the help file of the program

a screenshot for you

I hope Dave and i caught your mistake in time

ken

post-16-1134130895_thumb.jpg