WnSoft Forums

News from Beechbrook.Com

cottage

I have added a new feature to the PTE Download Pages entitled Author's Notes. This link will allow you to review PTE presentation notes from the author's themselves. Currently notes are restricted to 255 characters and may be added through the PTE Upload Utility.

Until the PTE Upload Utility becomes available again, if you wish to have notes added to your presentation(s), please email them to me.

I hope you find this added feature useful. I invite your comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Bill

I have added a new feature to the PTE Download Pages entitled Author's Notes. This link will allow you to review PTE presentation notes from the author's themselves. Currently notes are restricted to 255 characters and may be added through the PTE Upload Utility.

Until the PTE Upload Utility becomes available again, if you wish to have notes added to your presentation(s), please email them to me.

I hope you find this added feature useful. I invite your comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill

This sounds a very useful addition. I am often curioous about the camera/lenses used or how any unusual effects were achieved.

Another improvement to an already much loved site.

Thanks. :lol:

Why has "Quote" and "Reply" been used here and not "Add Reply"? This has been used a lot lately since the change in InVision Board and creates a lot of unnecessary script particularly when the quote is of the previous post. In conversation one is hardly likely to repeat what a person has just said before responding.

Ron [uK]

I have added a new feature to the PTE Download Pages entitled Author's Notes. This link will allow you to review PTE presentation notes from the author's themselves.

Bill,

This is a wonderful addition - I believe most slideshows need a preamble to set them up and explain the context in which they were created and give any other useful (and necessary) background information. I hope people use this new feature to make their shows more meaningful.

By the way, Ron, I used only the "Reply" button here. "Quote" doesn't seem to do anything except light up when I press it. But pressing "Reply" alone seems to work just as well. One thing which people don't seem to realize is that it is possible to edit the original quote down to the particular point to which one is replying, thus saving reams of space in the Forum.

Al

What you have done is to use it correctly. If you had been responding to my post only you would have used the "Add reply" button such as I have done now.

Regards

Ron [uK]

Al

What you have done is to use it correctly. If you had been responding to my post only you would have used the "Add reply" button such as I have done now.

Regards

Ron [uK]

Forgive me for belabouring this, but here I pressed "Quote" and "Reply" to see what the difference is. :unsure:

And, it doesn't seem to make any difference! Still don't know what the "Quote" button is for. B)

Al

Regards

Ron [uK]

I think I figured it out. Here I pressed "Quote", waited for it to turn red, and then pressed "Add Reply". Your previous posting is thereby quoted. However, it was all added to my previously posted message! :unsure:

Igor, it be very useful to be able to highlight a section in a particular posting, and then press "Quote" to repeat only the section highlighted. :blink: