WnSoft Forums

Question on Registration Key

Lin Evans

I suggested a friend purchase PicturesToExe which he did, Today he received an email with what was supposed to be an attachment of his registration "key" but it appears instead of a registration key file to be something really strange. He's not very comuter literate so I asked him to forward his email to me so I could tell him how to proceed to unlock his copy but I'm unsure myself about this one.....

It's been too many years since I've seen a P2E registration key file, but isn't it still a file with an extension?

What he received looks like this:

REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE] "Key"="0uzP57kC/RawlfLDyHdowRCiaDeRnTr9LFAshLZa20Sw31GPRria5gNiqcw3/s6qas7buhPLkKhqmdsoZ87iI014H/F6dt1yYM6Gcul3Iot4c5vNnkxfpZ77e3WYlGFyLHvs+**********

Just in case it really is the registration key I've deleted a part of it and replaced it with the "*********" but I think this is not right.

This looks like perhaps the "content" of the file rather than the file itself. I'm at a loss as to inform him how to proceed other than by asking for another email. Is it possible his email program could have done this?

Lin

Hi Ralph,

Thanks much for both the explanation and link. I just checked his email and the file is 10 bytes short or 221 bytes when saved in Notepad as a file "reg.key". Also it doesn't end with the equals sign and quotation so I suspect it was corrupted because it was sent as an attachment.

I forwarded his email to Igor at wnsoft support and asked if they could resend it as a zip file. Hopefully that will "cure" the problem.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

This is what the key should look like:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"key"="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

As long as it ends in a quote symbol, it should be OK; no need for "=" at the end. I would delete the "+" and replace with the "********", making sure the last symbol is a quote symbol. Don't delete anything else.

And, you are right, it should be 231 bytes in size, and be sure to change the name to "PTE.KEY".

If this is not the case, then Igor can help - maybe not until Monday, though, as he normally takes the weekend off. Best of luck to your friend.

Thanks Al - the Key file was actually truncated for some reason in the transmission - 10 bytes were left out including the ending quotation.

Support has already emailed my friend a new zipped unlock key and all is well. Fantastic support from the Support Team at Wnsoft - thanks to all.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

This is what the key should look like:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"key"="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

As long as it ends in a quote symbol, it should be OK; no need for "=" at the end. I would delete the "+" and replace with the "********", making sure the last symbol is a quote symbol. Don't delete anything else.

And, you are right, it should be 231 bytes in size, and be sure to change the name to "PTE.KEY".

If this is not the case, then Igor can help - maybe not until Monday, though, as he normally takes the weekend off. Best of luck to your friend.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Al - the Key file was actually truncated for some reason in the transmission - 10 bytes were left out including the ending quotation.

Support has already emailed my friend a new zipped unlock key and all is well. Fantastic support from the Support Team at Wnsoft - thanks to all.

Best regards,

Lin

Can you guys speak English? In BLONDE terms?????/