WnSoft Forums

Any other prof. portrait photogs here ?

DC47

I just downloaded the program yesterday and joined this group today. I wondered how many other prof. photogs. were members ? I also wondered how you use Pictures To Exe to present images to clients. The 1st thing I want to do is create a CD to give out for advertising. Thanks;

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified , ASP

Hi Craig and Welcome

If you have a few hours to spare, I am sure you will get some useful tips. It may help if you could provide details of what you want to achieve, concerns you may have etc

Ease for the user is important so it would help if the CD is self running. Details of how to do this are in the help files.

As a pro, protecting your images is vital and there is an option within PTE to prevent anyone extracting the individual images - it is in one of the options somewhere but details are in the help files.

However, you also want to prevent your slideshow from being copied for free (after all, you have to earn a living and you may price copies according to the quantity ordered). This is one nut I have not cracked yet but if anyone reading has the solution, many of us will benefit if you tell us.

Finally, Barry Beckham has produced some excellent tutorials on Pictures to Exe software, including one for professionals on the subject of weddings. They are on his website at www.beckhamdigital.co.uk

Paul

Hey D.

I'm a pro photog too. Been lurking and learning from these fourm members for a few years now. P2E is just an extremely versatile program with great protection built in for us. I use it for all my proofing now. Although it is not for the MAC people, I've not ran into a customer that has had a problem with using it.

Welcome to the group.

Larry

Thanks to both Paul and Ken. I checked out your suggestions and was really impressed by a slide show on trains as well as one on Mount Washington in New Hampshire. I'm sure it will take some time. I didn't become an expert on Adobe Photoshop overnight. Ok ... gotta go. I need to finish up a couple of things here in my studio and get to a TV set by 8:00PM. The big football game is tonight ... the Orange Bowl. (for my friends in the UK ... that is american football and not soccer *S*) Thanks again;

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified , ASP

Hi Mr D. Craig

I am a 14 yr fulltime pro portrait and wedding photographer and have used PTE for years. Love it. Depends who you ask though... if you are going to use it for proofing, I might suggest a big watermark across the image as we all use to do with printed proofs. Eventhough PTE does prevent alt+prntscreen to screen capture - there are TONS of other ways to screen capture - so the images are not safe. We require a min order before we allow a proofer CD to go out and we still have a big PROOF across all images.

We also use PTE for our portrait demo CD for potential clients right now (until I get the new DVD show produced). I like the PTE slideshow and can do some unique things with it, but now would rather have the clients sitting in the living room with remate in had with the rest of the family (not huddled around the 14" monitor or laptop).

I rarely visit this forum but feel free to email me directly anytime.

Paul Alford

paul@paulalfordphotography.com

I'm a pro wedding and portrait photographer and use PTE to create shows for download from my website. I also use PTE to create a show of the wedding photographs and assemble them together as a story and give to the couple and each set of parents on DVD. Online, I put about 100 wedding images in a gallery for the couple and their friends and family, and this show is also available for download. All of my wedding packages come with this wedding show and I consider it a great marketing tool.

IF you go to my site, there is a wedding show there that is VERY close to being updated and replaced with new music and images. I'm working on it now and hope to have it done very soon.

~Cindy

I just downloaded the program yesterday and joined this group today. I wondered how many other prof. photogs. were members ? I also wondered how you use Pictures To Exe to present images to clients. The 1st thing I want to do is create a CD to give out for advertising. Thanks

You might want to consider doing a front end menu system for your CD so that the first thing that runs is a menu wherby you can click buttons to run different slideshows, launch your brochure and/or price list, link to your web site or send you an email.

There is some quite expensive software out there which will do this - but it can just as easily be accomplished in P2Exe. I wrote a tutorial about how to create one a few years ago and you download it here CD_front_end

--

Carol Steele