WnSoft Forums

View on TV

joespy

Why can't I view my presentation on TV like I can view my Digital Images. I've used the same images but added MP3 format music and copied to CD-RW. The DVD player rejects this as a "Bad Disc". Any ideas would be welcome guys....I'm a bit of a newcomer to computers, so go easy with the Technical jargon guys(gals) in explanations.....Regards Joe.

Why can't I view my presentation on TV like I can view my Digital Images. I've used the same images but added MP3 format music and copied to CD-RW. The DVD player rejects this as a "Bad Disc". Any ideas would be welcome guys....I'm a bit of a newcomer to computers, so go easy with the Technical jargon guys(gals) in explanations.....Regards Joe.

I'm assuming you are using a DVD player which is capable of reading jpg formats from a CD or DVD and making an elementary "slideshow" on your TV.

To play a prepared slideshow from P2E or any computer program on a Television it must first be transformed into a format palatable to the television. The TV itself is an analog device which creates an image by tracing lines with data in an interlaced pattern. In the U.S. for normal broadcast thats 525 horizontal lines of which not all are actually visible. These lines are "traced" across the screen in an interlaced pattern so that lines 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc., are traced completely followed by lines 2, 4, 6, 8, etc., and this is all done so quickly that the persistence of the phosphors which make up the red, blue and green hues make it "seem" like a continuous image.

The computer uses a digital rather than analog signal and this has to be converted into an analog signal for the television to "understand" it. The DVD players which allow you to see jpg images have a built in analog to digital converter, but only for jpg images.

To make a computer slideshow compatible with the TV in PicturesToExe, you must choose the option to output to Video and create an AVI template. This template then must be converted to a DVD format by another program such as Ulead Movie Factory then properly burned to a DVD disk. In many cases the actual DVD player may not recognize the DVD+r format so you need to use DVD-r DVD's and your player must be able to read DVD-r formats. Some of the older DVD players do not do this, but most of the newer ones do.

Check the video section of this forum for further help with actually creating a DVD slideshow compatible with your TV.

Best regards,

Lin

Just to add to Lin's excellent description, there is another way to play a PTE show on a TV set without using a DVD player, provided that the computer has a video output (such as s-video), and provided the TV set provides for "video" input mode. If this is the case, it's a simple matter of connecting the computer to the TV set via s-video or component video cables, and in the case of the former, connecting the sound from the computer, either to the TV set or to an external amplifier.

Then when you play the show on your computer, your TV will also pick up and play whatever you are viewing on the computer monitor. Since, as Lin has said, the resolution of the normal TV set is much less than that of the usual pc monitor, be prepared for a significant reduction in quality of the image.

I'm assuming you are using a DVD player which is capable of reading jpg formats from a CD or DVD and making an elementary "slideshow" on your TV.

To play a prepared slideshow from P2E or any computer program on a Television it must first be transformed into a format palatable to the television. The TV itself is an analog device which creates an image by tracing lines with data in an interlaced pattern. In the U.S. for normal broadcast thats 525 horizontal lines of which not all are actually visible. These lines are "traced" across the screen in an interlaced pattern so that lines 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc., are traced completely followed by lines 2, 4, 6, 8, etc., and this is all done so quickly that the persistence of the phosphors which make up the red, blue and green hues make it "seem" like a continuous image.

The computer uses a digital rather than analog signal and this has to be converted into an analog signal for the television to "understand" it. The DVD players which allow you to see jpg images have a built in analog to digital converter, but only for jpg images.

To make a computer slideshow compatible with the TV in PicturesToExe, you must choose the option to output to Video and create an AVI template. This template then must be converted to a DVD format by another program such as Ulead Movie Factory then properly burned to a DVD disk. In many cases the actual DVD player may not recognize the DVD+r format so you need to use DVD-r DVD's and your player must be able to read DVD-r formats. Some of the older DVD players do not do this, but most of the newer ones do.

Check the video section of this forum for further help with actually creating a DVD slideshow compatible with your TV.

Best regards,

Lin