WnSoft Forums

Blue lines

d67

You will find my last slideshow, Blue lines, at Beechbrook download pages.

From november to february, the Alsace plain (Northeast of France) is not uncommonly covered by fog or low clouds.

They are often associated with a strong inversion of temperatures between the plain, in the fog, and the heights of the bounding Black Forest (Germany) and the Vosges (France) mountains, where the sun is shining and the sky is uniformly blue !

Moving 200 or 300 meters upwards is enough to see the sun !

The shots of my slideshow were taken as temperature in the plain was -3°C and those over 500m of altitude were positive (+8°C).

The slideshow lasts 6 minutes but is only composed of 25 slides (very long transitions)... so, if you find it boring, just make use of the Escape key of your keyboard !

Comments welcome.

Absolutely magnificent and it downloaded in the blink of an eye.

Ron [uK]

Downloaded your show this afternoon. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the music fits the images perfectly. Great photos also. Regarding long transitions, I think that maybe they were a little long for me. It all depends whether you are attempting to provide a "mood" or "artistic" show - in which case long transitions are very useful, or whether the actual images themselves are the main issue - which which case maybe a shorter transition time might give more of the image to view. Obviously everyone is going to have a different opinion.

Anyway, as a relative newcomer to PTE, I would have been very pleased if this had been my effort.

Jeff

Patrick

Very much enjoyed your show, the slow fades allowed the third image ( when two images are in mid trasition, in case anyone has never heard this before) to be seen and appreciated very well. The slideshow created a very good mood, and is one I'm sure I will enjoy again.

regards

Geoff

Thank you very much for all your kind remarks.

Regarding long transitions, I think that maybe they were a little long for me. It all depends whether you are attempting to provide a "mood" or "artistic" show - in which case long transitions are very useful, or whether the actual images themselves are the main issue - which which case maybe a shorter transition time might give more of the image to view. Obviously everyone is going to have a different opinion.

In most cases, I create a slideshow after hearing a particular music.

I then imagine the photos wich best fit the rythm, the athmosphere of it.

This slideshow does not make an exception to the rule.

Concerning this music, using very long fade transitions was an evidence for me due to the slow rythm and it's melancholic, sorrowful mood.

The athmosphere created by the fog in the plain, the blue sky, the bright sun, the curves of the Vosges mountains was a very very calm and relaxing one, fitting perfectly (in my mind) to the music.

And, as stonemason said, I also found interesting the third image these slow fade transitions permitted.

If you are insensitive to the music, this slideshow will loose most of his interest as you will find it long, perhaps repetitive and, in a certain way, boring in spite of some intersting shots (in any case I hope for it !).

I enjoyed watching this Sequence; very relaxing and some beautiful images.

Patrick is featured in our next issue of AV WORLD and when this Issue (No37) is about to be released, Patrick's article will appear on AV WORLD's web site www.avworld.org.

Details of our magazine are on that site and any wishing to subscribe to it should do so through Ron Davies, 15, Ladybridge Avenue, Worsley, Manchester M28 3BP or contact him through rondavies@exiledmind.co.uk

This is a very beautiful and haunting set of images. Impeccable timing. I am glad you were not tempted to rush (over egg the pudding). Very nice work and something to aspire to :rolleyes:

Respect.

J :ph34r: G