WnSoft Forums

How do I get my slide show to work on the web?

Austin Photo

Hi Abe,

The best way I can suggest at present is to save the slideshow as an AVI then convert it to Flash. There are a number of conversion utilities but personally I like Riva Producer Lite. Riva is available for about $30 and includes a free player which resides on your web site.

P2E creates executable code which can't be run on the web - at least not on the vast majority of servers. So to make a show which can be web compatible you need either an html version (loose the nice transitions), a Flash or Java conversion of either an AVI or MPG3 or MPG4. Since P2E can export the file show to an AVI format, you can use conversion software such as Riva Producer Lite to convert the AVI movie to Flash. Then the slideshow can be played over the web. Necessarily there will be a decrease in image quality because the full sized files require so much memory and such that few would be able to play them at full resolution. Generally a 640x480 or somewhere in that file matrix dimension will be satisfactory.

Riva can be seen and an evaluation copy downloaded here:

http://www.rivavx.com/index.php?rple&L=3

Lin