WnSoft Forums

Problem Burning DVD with Ulead MFV4

ryt

Folks,

I am a new user to PTE and was advised that to burn DVD's I needed Ulead Movie Factory V4. I am experiencing a problem. I can create the slide presentation and add music etc however I am experiencing a couple of problems when I try to burn a DVD:

First problem is with PTE open, I open Ulead as instructed and try to find the AVI file. I have stored it in a folder in "My documents". The dialogue box shows me the folder, however when I click on the folder to retrieve the AVI file, the folder will not open? If I go into my C drive, click on my documents, and click on the folder, I can see the file, so why will the folder not open when I use the Ulead software?

Second problem is that on the two occasions where I have managed to open the folder (Don't know why it worked) and managed to open the AVI file, I progress as advised with the Ulead screens, preview my presentation, then click to burn the DVD. I get a message saying that it will take some time. The software goes through a few processes with blue percentage bars marking progress of the burning process. When I get to what appears to be the end of the burning process which takes around 15 mins, I get an error message stating "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disc into drive E". I don't understand this as there is already a blank disk in drive E?

As I try to progress, I get a dialogue box appearing with 3 options saying "Cancel, Try again or Continue". Regardless of what option I pick, it appears every 10 seconds and cannot be removed from my screen? to get rid of it I have to shut down my PC.

Sorry for the long winded post, however PTE seems to be a fantastic programme, however I am becoming extremely frustrated with not being able to burn to DVD. I have emailed tech support at Ulead 3 times over the last 36hours and they have failed to respond.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

ryt.

ryt,

You would be better to post this query on the video forum rather than here. However here are a few comments which might help. I use Ulead MF 2 and have had similar problems from time to time. Firstly you should ensure when you create the video file from PTE, that the radio button " For Ulead Movie Factory" is ticked. This will produce an AVI with the extension .ptev. Also use the DVD video option and not the Custom Video option. Then when you get to the Ulead page for burning to a DVD, instead of burning directly to a DVD disc, choose the option to create DVD folders. Select the directory for the files to be created in and click "output". Six video files will be created in the selected directory. Then use any DVD burning software (e.g. Nero) to burn the video files to a DVD.

I attach two screen shots to show details of the relevant pages. In Ulead when burning directly to disc, you have the option of burning the project file to the disc as well as creating the video files (see the advanced options). If this is selected and the temporary video file is in the project directory, you will get an error when the program tries to burn the project file as the temporary AVI file from PTE is still open.

Hope this helps

Jeff

post-1996-1138307308_thumb.jpg

post-1996-1138307397_thumb.jpg

Seems a bit strange that I need to use Nero or similar? Is the Ulead software not up to the job.

Regards

ryt

No I think you have misundertood my post. Ulead will of course burn the project to a DVD. However you were having problems using Ulead, so I was just suggesting an alternative method. I have had several abortive attempts to burn large projects directly to disc using Ulead so I now always create a DVD folder on my hard drive as I described, get Ulead to burn the video files to this directory and THEN use any DVD burdning software to burn the DVD. I use Nero 6 as that is my standard DVD burning software.

Incidently if you have a copy of Nero 6, it includes a program called Nero Vision Express which does the same job as Ulead MF 4, i.e. it has DVD authoring facilities to creat menus etc.

Jeff