WnSoft Forums

File Size for emailing

fdb15

I have finally figured out how to create the exe file. But I would like to upload this to my website or attach in email. The problem I am having is that the file is HUGE. It will not attach in any email, and I cannot get it to upload to my site.

Are there some sort of image size requirements I am missing?

My show has one song and only 62 images.

What am I doing wrong?

Frankie

How much is HUGE and how big is you site ??

If you upload to your side is it a zip-file?? :blink:

Many of these shows are into the tens of Mb which makes them impractical to email directly.

If your music is mp3 format and your images resized to screen size (typically 1024 pixels wide or 768 pixels high) and saved as JPGs with medium compression, then you're not doing anything wrong - that's the way it is!

See my link below for further details.

Every email system has an attachment size limit. If your file is larger than that then there is no way that you will be able to attach it. It may be the same problem that is preventing you from uploading to your website. Ask your website host what the limits are.

FDB15

Frankie,

I appreciate your dilema, the fact that you are a 'Newcomer' to the PTE Program and this Forum. The previous contributors have given you good advice so I would save their Postings for future reference.

Picture Size(s):-

There are 'generalised' International Standards adopted by many Countries who provide ISP Services to millions of people. These would not necessarily be those used by PTE Forum Members but would be sufficient to 'get you going' so you become familiar with PTE.

1).

Should you wish to send a few Photos to friends as EMail Attachments in such a way that delivery is nearly 90% certain.

Restrict your Images to 640 x 480 Pixels (more later) Won't work with 'Free EMail' such as 'Hotmail', 'Messenger' etc etc.

2)

Should you wish to send a small PTE Program as an Attachment to an EMail:-

Restrict your Images to 800 x 600 Pixels in JPeg Format where each image is less than 100kB in size.

The 'Sound File' should be an MP3 File made at FM.Quality Sound. Restrict the Show to 20(megabyte).

This will guarantee that the 'Viewer' can see it on 12" ~15" ~17" and Larger Screens and on smaller Laptops and PC's as well as the "Big Boys" and on '98, ME' XP' 2000 and nearly all Windows Systems.

YOU NEED 2 PROGRAMS

Both Programs are 'Free', the first is "Pixresizer 1.07" from www.bluefive.com This will re-size your Pictures automatically and you can create a 'Holding File' for the resized Images without changing the size of the origionals Photos.

The 2nd. is "Audacity" which can convert your Sounds into MP3 Sound Format available form:- www.audacity.soundforge.net

Both Programs come with good 'Help Instructions'

Finally, for PTE Presentations the 'Adopted Image Standard' is 1024 x 768 Pixels with MP3 Sound Format and picture sizes about 150kilobyte. These Images & Presentations can be 'burnt' to CD-Rom Disc which you can distribute to Friends.

Hope this gets you on your way.....

Brian.Conflow.