WnSoft Forums

Pic Size

Atlas

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered, I did not see it when looking last night...

I had done up my first show, all seemed to be great, ran it a few times, different options etc and I was happy, but, the file size to send to anyone without broadband was too big (19mb).

Each pic was about 350k ea 2448*3264, way too big, I know... anyway did a batch job this morning in PS and dropped them all to 640x480, about 50K each, much better for emailing...

Now the reason for this post.... It gets to about the 3rd slide and skips, and seems to be like a record where it justs repeats between slide 2-3....No probs delete slide 3, just pushed the problem a little further down...

I rebooted, tried again, same thing. Deleted all slidess and put my original huge slides back in, works perfectly... So I have come to the conclusion there must be a cut off size & quality to make the slideshow work properly.

Does anyone know what that is or has a particular size & quality they work with that will still allow a small as possible file size ??

This would not be a problem for shows I put onto CD, but for those of us who do not have access to broadband trying to send or receive a 19mb file is just nasty !! :D

Thanks in advance.

"Now the reason for this post.... It gets to about the 3rd slide and skips, and seems to be like a record where it justs repeats between slide 2-3....No probs delete slide 3, just pushed the problem a little further down"...quoted.

Atlas,

The above is much too vague ~ what are you doing ?, what are you trying to "add" to your EMail and how ?

1) A Show pt.File with/without Music ?

2) A Show Exe.File with/without Music ?

3) A Show Template File with/without Music ?

4) Whats the duration of each Slide ?

5) Whats the duration of each Effect ?

6) What format of Music/Comments are you using ?

7) Are you working off the Hard Drive ? - or from a Copy on a CD ? - or an EMail Attachment ?

These questions will need answers before anybody can help. You may need to read up on some of the excellent 'Tutorials' available elsewhere on this Forum, a simple request for same will get a response and will get the ball rolling for you.

Brian.Conflow.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replys.

#Brian - Sorry to be vague. Without answering all your questions I will try again. I had a show with X amount of pics and an mp3 as music. It worked great. But it was a large file.

So I went back to photoshop and dropped the pics down from about 350K each to approx 50K each. Nothing else. I put the same pics back into the original version and then it started to jump. I can only assume 2 things from this, the files are now too small, or photshop mucked up one of the photos.

I suppose what I am asking is what is the average size of photos people use tomake their shows ?

#Ron - I have not heard of that site but will check it out, thanks. :)

Cheers,

Atlas

The norm seems to be settling down to 1024 x 768 pixels (jpeg of course) . It does depend on how you intend to show the finished .exe though. Always make your slide shows at the same resolotion of the intended monitor on which they will be shown.

Ron

Atlas,

It sounds like you may have some images too close to each other on the timeline. (assuming you are synching to music). Check the timeline to see if any of the horizontal transition bars overlap, or are closer than say a couple tenths of a second (depends on the multimedia capabilities of your pc system).

Also, make sure you are running the show from the hard-drive, not the CD.

"The norm seems to be settling down to 1024 x 768 pixels (jpeg of course) . It does depend on how you intend to show the finished .exe though. Always make your slide shows at the same resolotion of the intended monitor on which they will be shown."

Can I ask at what ppi, eg is this at 72ppi, the usual for output to screen, or 300ppi?

Thanks

jez