WnSoft Forums

EInOutError?

Bret Sutton

I'm a relative newcomer to PicturesToExe. This is my second slide show. It consists of 111 slides from .jpg images. Images vary from 150K to 700K. The resultant .exe is about 31MB. It ran fine until...

Transition between slides was by mouse click. I added five slides for which I wanted to have an automatic immediate transition. I found I had to use a 1-millisecond duration for those slides (it apparently takes 0 as infinite). I set the duration for all the others to 999 seconds.

But when I created the .exe with these added slides and tried to run it, an error box popped up: Exception EInOutError in module desktop-interface-class.exe (that's my slide-show name) at 0008050E. I/O error 21.

I tried deleting slides, eventually deleting all the slides except one. I tried resetting timings. I tried creating a new project from scratch. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling P2E. Nothing would make this error go away. I cannot make an executable that will run.

Is this a known problem? What triggers it?

This is for a class I'm teaching on Wednesday. If anyone can help me with this, I'll be happy to treat you to a meal at your favorite local diner.

I'm running version 4.46. Thanks for any help you can provide.

It never had sound.

The only idea I've had is to uninstall Norton Antivirus and try the whole thing again. Norton's been acting up on me, and I've heard that it can interfere with installations of software. I'll try that and report back.

Bret,

Welcome to the Forum - I hope we can help you solve this as I know how frustrating it can be. This is not a common error with PTE, so it may be peculiar to your pc setup. You might try running the completed "exe" file on another computer.

Also, if you haven't done this, make sure you use "Create as" to compile your modified "exe" files and to make sure you are overwriting the faulty "exe" file.

Also, have you tried running any of your older PTE "exe" files, or downloading and running a file from Beechbrook?

Finally, it might help Igor to suggest a solution if you provide a list of the specs for your system (operating system, processor, etc. I presume you are running the exe files from your hard drive.

Well, it turned out that Norton was the culprit. I uninstalled Norton, and the .exe files worked just fine.

I have used Norton for years without problems (except it's slow), but have heard warnings that it can interfere with other programs. It just hasn't bit me until now.

I guess it's time to look at other security utility packages.

Igor, I doubt this is worth pursuing on your part, but if you want me to send you any information, I'll be glad to.

Guess I'll take my wife out to dinner. You're welcome to join us! :P