WnSoft Forums

iTunes?

katiejervis

Newbie here - first time adding music. I downloaded som iTunes songs and am finding they won't work. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not the right format? Thanks in advance.

You are correct. They are in the wrong format. You also cant just convert them to mp3 from within iTunes. What I do is burn the songs to a CD via iTunes and then use iTunes to import the newly burned cd to my hard drive in the MP3 format.

Hope this helps

I'm a newbie as well and am encountering this same problem.... so I attempted to burn the selected

itune songs on cd like someone had suggested, however it tells me those cannot be burned to a CD? how can i get these mp4 files to an mp3 file so I can use them in this program?

otherwise where can you get mp3 files on the internet for use in this program?

you could try to rip one of your own cd's with audiograbber

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

or with windows media player 10

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=rip+cd+wmp10&meta=

but you must remember that unless you are using royalty free music you could get into trouble if you use the show for commercial purposes

royalty free music

see Barry's site

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/royaltyfreemusic.htm

ken

I'm a newbie as well and am encountering this same problem.... so I attempted to burn the selected

itune songs on cd like someone had suggested, however it tells me those cannot be burned to a CD? how can i get these mp4 files to an mp3 file so I can use them in this program?

otherwise where can you get mp3 files on the internet for use in this program?

You cant convert them directly with iTunes. What you have to do is use iTunes to burn the songs to an audio cd and then use iTunes to import the newly burned songs as mp3's. I do it all of the time.

You cant convert them directly with iTunes. What you have to do is use iTunes to burn the songs to an audio cd and then use iTunes to import the newly burned songs as mp3's. I do it all of the time.

Much easier: right-click in iTunes on the song or selection of songs and choose "convert to mp3".

Much easier: right-click in iTunes on the song or selection of songs and choose "convert to mp3".

That only works if the song is not a copyright protected song downloaded from iTunes music store. If its a copyright protected song it WILL NOT convert it to another format.

Thanks

What you have to do is use iTunes to burn the songs to an audio cd and then use iTunes to import the newly burned songs as mp3's. I do it all of the time.

Another handy way to convert music in your iTunes folder is to use dbPowerAmp Music Converter - you can download a plugin from their site which will convert ".m4a" files.