WnSoft Forums

Lack of Sharpness

Photobob

I have had this program for quite some time and I have yet to get a really sharp video from it. I downloaded a program called Proshow Gold and I am using their 15 day trial version. It is very easy to use but the thing that really bothers me is that when I create a video with PictureToExe, the video comes out very soft and not sharp at all. Now when I create the very same video seconds later with the very same files in Proshow Gold, the video comes out very sharp. Am I doing something wrong? It is not that my images are not sharp, because if they were not sharp they would come out dull in both programs. As I am making the video in PictureTo Exe it looks very sharp as I am working with it in the program. It is not till I burn it with Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 till it becomes very soft and really looks of very poor quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated if you can tell me where you feel that I may be having a problem.

Pardon me if you already know this but....

TV resolution is 400 lines while a computer monitor is typically

800 or even 1040 lines of resolution.

This will give you sharper images on a computer than is possible on a TV.

I guess you've tried P2E with the sharpness filter ON when creating video?

Other than that, I can't offer any other suggestions.

Good luck!

Dan D. Louisville KY USA

I have had this program for quite some time and I have yet to get a really sharp video from it. I downloaded a program called Proshow Gold and I am using their 15 day trial version. It is very easy to use but the thing that really bothers me is that when I create a video with PictureToExe, the video comes out very soft and not sharp at all. Now when I create the very same video seconds later with the very same files in Proshow Gold, the video comes out very sharp. Am I doing something wrong? It is not that my images are not sharp, because if they were not sharp they would come out dull in both programs. As I am making the video in PictureTo Exe it looks very sharp as I am working with it in the program. It is not till I burn it with Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 till it becomes very soft and really looks of very poor quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated if you can tell me where you feel that I may be having a problem.

There are numberous reasons why this may be. First, ProShow Gold has provisions for optimizing the DVD burn and I'm not familiar with Ulead's ability to do this or not. One of the issues is that the brightness levels for DVD need to be about 13% lower than for the computer. So any AVI file which looks great on the computer will be somewhat washed out on a television unles the gamma is corrected before the burn. Second, there are a variety of "options" which can greatly affect DVD quality. These option can be set with "most" DVD burn software, but if you just use the "defaults" you are likely to end up with less than an optimal solution.

Please go to the following link and read it carefully - even print it out - because you need to be aware of the things which affect the quality of the the final product. PicturesToExe produces a stellar AVI file but to maintain that quality for DVD distribution you definitely need to set the proper parameters. This link will give you lots of information which can help you produce the best quality DVD possible assuming that the software used to actually burn the DVD has provisions for doing this. After reading the information in this link you will have a much better handle on how to get the best performance from your DVD burning software.

http://www.signvideo.com/d-athr_pt1.htm

Also read this:

http://www.svconline.com/mag/avinstall_gam...look/index.html

Best regards,

Lin