WnSoft Forums

Registration

JEB

Sorry if I am sending this to the wrong location.

I am presently using Version 4.43, which I downloaded initially as a trial.

I have not updated it as I tend to work on the principal “that if it aint broke, don’t fix it”.

However in preparation for the big day (version 5 would you believe) I think it prudent to do a dummy run by upgrading to the latest version now. My problem is that I don’t think I have the “Key” file still on my PC.

What should I be looking for?

What I do have is a print of an e-mail received at the time of registration with a sequence of approx. 64 characters following “Key”=. Is this all I require?

I have two further questions. Presently I have P2E installed on my desktop PC, do I need to purchase a second licence to also have it on my laptop? For working with while away from home. This is not a problem financially as it would still be good value, even for a tight fisted Scotsman like me!

My next problem is that I have vowed not to let this laptop anywhere near the Internet. How therefore can I load it?

Regards

John

if you registered it with a bought key it will still be registered on your main system

you just have to install the latest version on top of the 443

see

http://www.guru.to.it/en/tips/regkey_en.htm

also do a search of forum for more tips re registering

ken

ps save all the letters/correspondance re registration to a cd or floppy and put in safe place

Thanks Ken,

I didn't know it was so easy!

Yes I do keep hard records but felt sure I must be missing something. " Oh ye of little faith"!

Do you, or anyone else out there, have any thoughts on my other enquiry about using P2E on my laptop, in particular without putting it on the Internet?

Regards

John

put the program on a floppy and load it on laptop, and the same with your reg key

now it is possible to network the 2 computers

- - network neighbourhood

see

hl=en&q=network+neighbourhood+xp+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

i will let somebody else explain it -- i had a tech do my 2

ken

Thanks Ken,

I will try that (CD/floppy) again. I say again because I did actually try to do that some time ago but all I managed to transfer was the Trial version. I will have another look at it and see where I get to this time. Regarding networking I'm not too happy with that though in theory it sounds good. I did have an old laptop networked (by a techie) at one time but I kept getting into a dreaful mess so disconnected it. This may be the time to have another go.

Thanks

John

JEB

i have found it also helps if you try the techie stuff before the visit to the pub - or the 3 pints before lunch B)

your download is a trial if there is no reg key

so xfer the proggie and the key

and

install the key

cheers and have a few for me, none for yourself then you can blame it on me:)

ken