WnSoft Forums

10 Juin 1944 (Oradour)

morturn

I do not very much like the black and white effects. Seems to me like a too strong applied graphic effect (don't like the effect in the clouds for example).

What I dó like is the very good choice of music along whit the shocking effect of use of the flames and later on the subtle use of the face in the car.

What I miss is an explanation textfile and the title(s) of the music....

The show evokes strong emotions and thus it is a good show. In my eyes anyway.

Deserves to be downloaded a lot and to be kept.

A very good presentation, reflects the atmosphere of the village and the histoy, the first pictures where a bit too extreme, specially the sky, although I like them in black/white.

Can you tell where this village can be found, is it free to visit.

Succes with your presentations,

Adri

Adri

Here's some information about Oradour.

It really is a breathtaking place - full of emotion and sad remembrances.

"The ruins of the town of Oradour-sur-Glane lie twenty-two kilometers northwest of Limoges in the Limousin region of west central France

"Four days after the Allied landings in Normandy, SS troops encircled the town of Oradour in the rolling farm country of the Limousin and rounded up over 600 of its inhabitants. In the marketplace they divided the men from the women and children. The men were marched off to barns nearby and shot. The soldiers locked the women and children in the church, shot them, and set the building (and the rest of the town) on fire. Those residents of Oradour who had been away for the day, or had managed to escape the roundup, returned to a blackened scene of horror, carnage, and devastation."

By the 1950s, however, when 21 soldiers who participated in the massacre were put on trial and ultimately pardoned, the war years no longer appeared so black and white. Of the 21 soldiers, 14 were French from Alsace, and unlike surviving citizens of Oradour, the French government was more concerned with forgetting collaborators than with memorializing victims."

BTW I thought your presentation of Normandy was excellent - a pity no one else thought to comment.

I have visited the D-Day landing sites and found them, too, a life-changing experience.

I have completed a 35min AV in nine parts, of a visit made shortly after the 60th anniversary in 2004 which never fails to move people who see it. You should be congratulated for the sensitive way you handled the show, especially the cemetery at Colleville.

DEN (NE UK)