WnSoft Forums

Batch Processing

Ronniebootwest

I read a recent post (can't remember which one) that mentioned a batch processing utility being built into Photoshop CS2. This is quite correct, and one member advised that it could be accessed via the 'Bridge'.

For those interested in batch processing, the option can also be accessed directly from inside Photshop as follows: FILE>SCRIPTS>IMMAGE PROCESSOR

If you do use this facility to convert your images from psd to jpeg, be aware that the colours, in your images, can often be affected.

Ronnie:

Interesting observation that I was not aware of. I decided that I had not looked closely enough before.

I don't have CS2, but I use the same script in CS via Russell Brown (see other thread re "multiresize or CS2")

I ran some tests and still did not see a difference, but I checked the Adobe User Forums and came up with this:

Adobe User Forum

See the reply from Chris Cox at the bottom. Chris works for Adobe.

Essentially he says any conversion from PSD to jpg can cause a colour difference......

Hello JRR, can you give me a more defined link to what you found on the Adobe User Forum? Its a vast site, no idea really where to go from the start page.

Thanks

I always use tiffs to work with in PS as you can see the thumbnail images in Win Explorer. Otherwise you can only see PSD thumbnails on PS's browser.

Ronnie --Does this colour shift you have noticed occur with converting tiff to jpg too, and does the change only happen with Image Processor, not Save as... ?

Ruth

Ronnie --Does this colour shift you have noticed occur with converting tiff to jpg too, and does the change only happen with Image Processor, not Save as... ?

Hi Ruth,

Yes the colour shift only seems to occur when using the 'Image Processor'.

As I said before I don't use it much because I pefer to crop my images idividually to a predetermined size. Maybe, in your case you might want to consider making an action.

Hello JRR, can you give me a more defined link to what you found on the Adobe User Forum? Its a vast site, no idea really where to go from the start page.

Thanks

Ruth

Ruth:

Click on the "Adobe User Forum" in my posting. It will take you directly to the particular thread on the User Forum

In order to access the Adobe forum thread, one must log in, either as a guest or a registered user.

Chris's comment is as follows:

JPEG compression can cause a color shift regardless of the image size or JPEG quality level.

Try using other file formats.

Jim, are any of the other respondents Adobe employees?

Ruth:

Al is right, sorry I forgot that I registered to get to that page.

SORRY !!!! :(:(

Al:

I am not sure, but I know Chris Cox is.

I am surprised no one seems to have picked up on his comment that there is a colour change with all conversions to jpg. (see my post #2 above)