WnSoft Forums

EULA's any sample suggestions

mrdolliver

OK< an issue has come up whereas I find that I must have some sort of EULA since I am making the slide show, to download on the users computer since that is the best way to get it to run without complication from his hardware, memory, and other hardware conflics that may arise. Whe I need is an idea of what to include since the program will be downloaded on to the users computer, installed as a slide show. Bascically it is a year book series. I have acquired the rights of the yearbook, the owner of the yearbook, and the permission of the Historical Society but what I can't figure out how to work, is that the software is going to be downloaded and installed asnd I don'r want to be shot if it is not compatible although I do not see where it can be installed and cause any proble, But the lawyers tell me gotta have one, anmy ides, we're talking about a high school reunion book, which I scan all the pages, put a little time in planning it out. Not something I want to avoid since the client has about 50 yearbooks of just one school he want me to scan and hundreds of other in the school district. I might be able to reture paying up a lot of my old debts.

Michel R Dolliver

I don't know if it's any help, but on several photo sites they will have sample release forms and other legal forms. Try doing a google on EULA (you may have to spell it out) and see if there are any sites out there that have a sample that you can alter a bit to fit your project.

OK< an issue has come up whereas I find that I must have some sort of EULA since I am making the slide show, to download on the users computer since that is the best way to get it to run without complication from his hardware, memory, and other hardware conflics that may arise. Whe I need is an idea of what to include since the program will be downloaded on to the users computer, installed as a slide show. Bascically it is a year book series. I have acquired the rights of the yearbook, the owner of the yearbook, and the permission of the Historical Society but what I can't figure out how to work, is that the software is going to be downloaded and installed asnd I don'r want to be shot if it is not compatible although I do not see where it can be installed and cause any proble, But the lawyers tell me gotta have one, anmy ides, we're talking about a high school reunion book, which I scan all the pages, put a little time in planning it out. Not something I want to avoid since the client has about 50 yearbooks of just one school he want me to scan and hundreds of other in the school district. I might be able to reture paying up a lot of my old debts.

Michel R Dolliver

Michael,

If you send me an EMail (Off-Forum) via Broadband (Not Hotmail nor FreeMail) I can let you have a (short-form) Copy of our EULA.

By the way your Lawyer's are quite correct ~ even in Europe its obligitory to include a EULA File into any Distributable Media even of your own making, this to cover your Work and any other 3rd Party Works used

in the construction of your Distributable Media.

Quite rightly so !

Brian.Conflow.

I notice that Brian has offered to help you with your EULA - take him up with his offer and you will be very pleased with the result.

I don't know what software you use to create your installer, but I have found this one very easy to use, it is from the Clickteam people and called 'InstallCreator' they have a FREE version as well as a Pro version - both are very easy to follow. Have a look for yourself by clicking: Here