WnSoft Forums

Floridian Feathered Friends

JRR

Now that Bill has his latest set of problems resolved (thank goodness Bill has such great dedication !! :):) You'll notice a new presentation is available: Floridian Feathered Friends.

This show combines images taken by my wife and myself on a trip to Florida this past February. We were overwhelmed with the variety and aceesibility of the birds.

The show's primary audience is senior citizens in retirement homes as well as general audiences. Had I been aiming it at birders, or photographic audiences, I would have likely put the show together slightly differently.

The show uses one background music mix, the voice-overs are individual sound bites inserted by the SOUND line. This has its pros and cons. One con being that you can't hear the sound bits when reviewing the show on the TIMELINE. I think (hope) Igor has this fixed in Ver 5.0.

I have not reduced the background volume behind the voice overs as they seemed to be OK, but your views would be appreciated.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Hello,

I would like to tell that I liked the prictures very much, I believe they are worth showing to all kind of audience and not only seniors.

It must have been a nice tour to visit all the parks and take pictures of the birds.

Well done,

Adri

;)

I am not in a retirement home for the moment, but I love very much tour slide show ! Great pictures ! Sorry for my imposibility to understand the text, but you did a good work !

Thank you !

Your wife and you are authorized to go in other place !

Congratulations !

Adri and Daniel:

Thank you for your comments.

We have shown the presentation to other than senior citizen homes and it has been well received. I mentioned the audience as when I set out to do a show who the targetted audience is one of the first decisions to make. That helps to determine the length and the approach to take.

We take many of our shows to retirement homes as well as showing them at schools, libraries, nature groups, photo clubs etc etc. So I try to decide on my main audience for each show.

Fifteen minutes is a long show to sit through, but I know from experience that is the maximum length seniors can sit through if they are interested in the topic. I also know they will not be overly critical of the photography so I can include some shots that are not technically quite right (some burned out areas, not quite focussed etc) but that let me tell a story.

Birders generally don't want the narration, just back ground music, and if the shots are good and varied they will gladly sit through a longer show with many images up longer than the "norm".

Photographers on the other hand generally want shorter shows of excellent quality images.

Schools and general audiences will sit through a 5-8 minute show that tells a story (if it captures their attention) before moving on to another presentation.

A very nice set of bird photographs. I was impressed by your camera angles and framing. The action sequences were beautiful. Top notch photography. I'm curious, were all the photos taken in a captive space or did you go into the wild for some shots? Shoot on film or digital?

My only suggestion would be to record a single narrated soundtrack and then insert images as they were needed. Senior citizens would enjoy it a bit more also. That said, I commend you two on your fine slide show from a pro photographer's point of view.

lt

I'm curious, were all the photos taken in a captive space or did you go into the wild for some shots? Shoot on film or digital?

lt

They were all in wild (including the two sandhill cranes who were fully-flighted and could come and go at their will) shot in about 7-8 locations in Florida.

Appreciate the suggestion re the sound track

They were all in wild (including the two sandhill cranes who were fully-flighted and could come and go at their will) shot in about 7-8 locations in Florida.

Appreciate the suggestion re the sound track

Hi Jim,

Many thanks to you and your wife, for these beautiful pictures and for your very interesting comments.

I enjoyed it as well as I'm sure you did enjoy yor trip!

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have a more serious birding interest....

There were a few errors in the presentation:

- the black headed vulture should have been black vulture

- the bottom right “warbler” at the end is a gnatcatcher

- The marsh hen is really a common moorhen

- the roseated spoonbill is really a roseate spoonbill

- the northern shrike is a loggerhead shrike

I will be making corrections....