WnSoft Forums

Tests using Ver 5.0 Beta 2

ltdedorc

I've been testing the beta version's basic zoom, pan & title features and found that I can zoom in over 500 times to a 3264 x 2448 resolution image and get acceptable results + pan a 6-image panorama over 40 seconds w/o jitters and jumpings. I've added basic png titles to some of the 5 slides comprising the show but done nothing else fancy to them. The zipped slide show file is about 9.3 MB. If anyone would like to get a copy, email me at ltdedorc@verizon.net

Pls note that the size of the 6-image pano I used first was 17507 x 2293 but it produced a lot of jitter & jumping. When I reduced the image to 4096 x 537, it worked. What I don't know is the limits to the size of the image V5.0 will accept w/o causing jitters.

Harvey :rolleyes:

I've been testing the beta version's basic zoom, pan & title features and found that I can zoom in over 500 times to a 3264 x 2448 resolution image and get acceptable results + pan a 6-image panorama over 40 seconds w/o jitters and jumpings. I've added basic png titles to some of the 5 slides comprising the show but done nothing else fancy to them. The zipped slide show file is about 9.3 MB. If anyone would like to get a copy, email me at ltdedorc@verizon.net

Pls note that the size of the 6-image pano I used first was 17507 x 2293 but it produced a lot of jitter & jumping. When I reduced the image to 4096 x 537, it worked. What I don't know is the limits to the size of the image V5.0 will accept w/o causing jitters.

Harvey :rolleyes:

Hi Harvey,

I don't think there is really a practical limit with the program but more a limit with the video card and amount of RAM on the card the show is being played on.

I'm testing some really large files with a Radeon 9800 Pro which is a decent video card with plenty of memory. I'll get back with the results soon.

Best regards,

Lin

I don't think there is really a practical limit with the program but more a limit with the video card and amount of RAM on the card the show is being played on.

I'm testing some really large files with a Radeon 9800 Pro which is a decent video card with plenty of memory. I'll get back with the results soon.

Lin,

That'll be nice info to have on the Radeon 9800 Pro. My results are based on a NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 video card. It'll also be helpful if Igor & others who have data on other video cards post the file sizes they have success with.

Eventually it may be that the approprite maxium size of file to use in V5.0 slide show will, in my case, depend on who the potential audience will be and the kind of computer / video cards they will have.

Harvey