WnSoft Forums

Timed to music length

Jimbo

Rather like the previous poster, Gary, I'm also a bit under the weather with the sync' music operations. Let's say I have 100 slides, the first 5 I want to run through very quickly, ditto the last 5...then the middle 90 I want to show for a "normal" viewing time (approx' 4 seconds a piece)..can I put the entire 100 slides under the "sync to music" command to suit a 400 second piece of music then set the above-mentioned first/last 5 slides to show for about a half second each WITHOUT disturbing the sync times of the overall show?? I have no trouble with doing the straight-forward all slide sync but I'd like to have a bit more control over some of the individual slides...is this possible? It seems that once I've chosen the Sync To Music option I've then given up any fine tuning possibilities...am I just missing some simple step? I hope I've explained this in a not-too confusing manner!

Jim.

It seems that once I've chosen the Sync To Music option I've then given up any fine tuning possibilities...am I just missing some simple step?

You can also move slides around to where you want them by "grabbing" their little transition "rectangles" on the timeline, and sliding them backward or forward. Then (as mentioned by Dave) you can select groups of slides and automatically spread them evenly over their own selection of music.

Thanks for the replies..where do I find the "arrange selected slides" option? Thanks.

"Timeline / Timed points / Arrange selected points".

Dave called them "slides", but he probably meant "points".

Thanks Al, appreciate your answer...I've been using PTE since 1999, just making simple shows that are all timed to the music..no problems there. But after all this time and much effort I still don't understand the timeline and its related possiblilities---I think what I need is some hands-on tutoring to be able to grasp its inner workings. Would there be anyone living in the Los Angeles area who is familiar with it and who wouldn't mind showing me how it all works?? I just seem to have a mental block on any written instructions for how it functions and I really want to master it so I can move on up the scale a bit from my current kindergarten-level results..Thanks,

Jim.

Jim,

The best way to learn this stuff is to just dive in and experiment with it.

It's too bad we didn't connect sooner - I was through LA in mid-March on holidays, and could have used a beer after a month in the desert in various points east of there! :)

Arrghhh! Wish I'd known about your visit Al, you would have been welcome to a beer! I spend a fair bit of time out in the Mojave desert, camping/photographing etc..is that where you were? Should you find yourself in the neighborhood again..I was actually down in Australia in March, have 100s of photos from the trip and that's what I'm trying to get set up just as I want it in PTE...give me a holler if you're down in LA again. Jim.

The best way to learn this stuff is to just dive in and experiment with it.

It's too bad we didn't connect sooner - I was through LA in mid-March on holidays, and could have used a beer after a month in the desert in various points east of there! :)

... I spend a fair bit of time out in the Mojave desert, camping/photographing etc..is that where you were?

We spent a week in Big Bend Nat'l Park in Texas, then a few days at Ft. Davis, then on to White Sands, Tucson, Anza Boreago, and then north just east of LA, spent a few days at Los Osos, and then headed up to Seattle where we stayed for a week and a half with our son and his family. Then up to the Okanagan in BC and back east the Canadian route. 15,000 km altogether. The best places were Big Bend and Anza Boreago.

5 or 6 years ago we spent some time in the east Mohave (near Baker), and 3 years ago a few days in Joshua Tree park on our way out west. Nice country - I love the desert. :)