WnSoft Forums

DVD won't play in my DVD players

stephanie

So sorry if this is a continuous repeat but decided that I did not want to use PROSHOW Gold as when I createed a DVD slideshow it would not work in my DVD players (it did in one but skipped.)

So, I bought Pictures to EXE today and am having the same issue, my players don't even recognize the disc.

Using DVD+R buring on a SONY burner, saving as an AVI and using NERO t burn the dvd. It will play on the PC.

Help....

Stephanie

Welcome to the Forum Stephanie:

If you look at the files of your DVD using Windows Explorer do they appear similar to:

AUDIO_TS(empty folder)

VIDEO_TS(folder)

xxx.bup

xxx.ifo

xxx.vob

yyy.ifo

yyy.vob

zzz.ifo

zzz.vob

etc.

I'm interested in the mix of file extensions ".vob", ".ifo", ".vob" and not the specific name.

Ken

Stephanie:

I dont't have an answer for you yet.

Are you using Nero 6? I'm familiar with that version but not Nero 7.

I've got four fairly recent DVD players but for some reason two of them will consistently play DVD+R but consistently not play DVD-R. The opposite is true for the other two DVD players. All four will play DVD+RW but only two will play DVD-RW. There is a web site that keeps a database of player model numbers and there compatibility according to actual owners. I can't locate the site at the moment but KEN COX might know it. If Ken doesn't respond I'll keep looking and post.

As all my DVD players recognize DVD+RW, I always make a dry run with that format to verify the DVD is made correctly before burning a DVD-R. You might try a DVD+RW disk and see what happens.

Are you creating lot's of chapters and/or menus? Do you know what bit rate Nero used for encoding,i.e., 4800 kbits/sec?

Sincerely,

Ken

:D

if the dvd you burned works in your burner/pc then i think it is safe to say it is your home player that is at fault

ken

Stephanie,

I agree with Ken Cox. The possible exception might be if you used a lot of chapters and menus. I have had those create problems in the player but run ok on a PC. You might try without any menus or chapters...and I would use a DVD+RW or DVD-RW for testing.

nickles

Stephanie,

Can you post the exact model number of your SONY DVD burner?

Also, what brand of DVD+R discs are you using?

Ok guys here was the deal...

Went to Best Buy and was advised to use DVD-R which did not work. So I replaced the DVD Burner and what do you know it works with DVD-R and I am going to test the DVD+R.

The old Sony Model was DRU-710A

Thanks for all your help.

Stephanie