WnSoft Forums

Hurricane Force

Paul T

I have just struggled to put together a sample presentation on beechbrook with pte 5 beta#2 . With many of the features not active (or am I unable to understand how to operate it) I felt frustrated trying to achieve what I was aiming for. However, I am excited with the great possibilities when the full version is available.

Paul

Paul

I have just picked up your post, which appears to hava missed any comment from the usually most helpful members of the forum. I think you have an excellent grasp of what is avaiable at the moment in Beta #2. In my demo sequence "HMS Gloucester" (which is available on my website below by clicking on the thumbnail of a warship in the Links page), I have incorporated a Spitfire flying across the screen. You might likr to try that with your Hurricane. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

Thanks Ken. I forgot there were two sequences and had concentrated previously on the Airshow and not the Hurricane. Paul in his other post did refer to "veterans". My grandson in an article on a Veteran Motor Cycle Rally for our next Camera Club Newsletter, refers to me in words "we didn’t want to lose him among the other antiques!" :blink:

C'est la vie!

Ron [uK]

Paul

I have just picked up your post, which appears to hava missed any comment from the usually most helpful members of the forum. I think you have an excellent grasp of what is avaiable at the moment in Beta #2. In my demo sequence "HMS Gloucester" (which is available on my website below by clicking on the thumbnail of a warship in the Links page), I have incorporated a Spitfire flying across the screen. You might likr to try that with your Hurricane. Good luck.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron

Thank for you comments. I just looked at your HMS Glouster sequence ,very inventive. Not sure how it is possible to have the forground static and the plane animated. Is this done with layers and the plane moved 25frames every second across the background? Oh by the way Ron found your web site most interesting. I also have a website but nothing to do with photography it's to do with my work and you may find the trade I do different and a little interesting www.suffolkmasonry.co.uk

Regards Paul

Paul

In the case of the destroyer moving from top right to bottom left, the image was prepared in Photoshop. I used the polygonal lasso tool and fine tuning with quick mask to outline the image, drag copied it on to a transparent background and cropped. In PTE 5.0 with an open sea as a background and using Objects and Animation it was added, zoomed out and placed off image top right and keypoint set. Next it was moved to off screen bottom left, zoomed in and a keypoint set further along the timeline. For the foreground I added the same destroyer selection zoomed in further on top of everything and moved it into the bottom right hand corner making sure that the number D96 was not visible.

The Spitfire was treated in the same way on another background but as a straight movement from right to left without a zoom.

I hope that is comprehensible. It is easier for me to demonstrate than to put into writing.

Ron [uK]