WnSoft Forums

slight problem

patmcardle10

Greetings! I'm feeling a bit :blink: I've just set up a slide show (I haven't used this programme in yonks). I created, and saved, it but it only gives me the option of a pte file. This file is only 47k and obviously not what I need as my slide show totals 4.7 mb. Can some kind person point out where I'm going wrong or take me through the procedure from the point of having the slides ready, to having it ready to write to disc?. Oh! I did read the manual but???

Please help! pretty please!!!

Pat.

Greetings! I'm feeling a bit :blink: I've just set up a slide show (I haven't used this programme in yonks). I created, and saved, it but it only gives me the option of a pte file. This file is only 47k and obviously not what I need as my slide show totals 4.7 mb. Can some kind person point out where I'm going wrong or take me through the procedure from the point of having the slides ready, to having it ready to write to disc?. Oh! I did read the manual but???

Please help! pretty please!!!

Pat.

Hi Pat,

If you either press "F9" or click on "File" "Create Slideshow" the program will create an executable file which you can run. If you just click on "File" "Save" the program only saves the pte template which is a record of everything you have set up with all the transitions and timings and background music, etc., for this particular slideshow.

Please give us a bit more information about where you are in the process and which version of PicturesToExe you are using (the beta 3 version of 5.0 or the 4.xx version).

At the very simple level, open the program, put a couple images in the slide list, press F9 then click on "save" and you will have created a basic slideshow called project1.exe.

If you have already made a slideshow and clicked on "file" save" then you can open it again by clicking on "file" "open" and then press F9, give it a name other than the default of project1.exe and click on save. Pay attention to where it's being saved and look for the "filename.exe" (filename being the name you gave the show).

Best regards,

Lin

Creating the show is the easy part. If you still have any problems, please send me a PM and I will be glad to give you a ring and guide you throughout. The least I can do after all the help I have received here.

PS: That is provided that we are talking about PTE 4.48. I am not into version 5 yet.