WnSoft Forums

Error! No images found?

jnight

hello everyone

Ihave not been here for a while but I am about to start a new AV. It is probably a little thing I am doing wrong but can't see it for looking. I started my process by putting all my resized images into a folder nemed Durham av. I open PTE and search for the file. I double click and bring all the slides onto the bottom screen. I use the project key to set the fades and add the music to give me a first look at what i'm doing. I then save and title as a project. All seems fine. This morning I go to run the slide project and although the slides are still seemingly all there the Error box comes up and tells me images can't be found. Can anybody tell me whats going on?

Jean :unsure:

hello everyone

Ihave not been here for a while but I am about to start a new AV. It is probably a little thing I am doing wrong but can't see it for looking. I started my process by putting all my resized images into a folder nemed Durham av. I open PTE and search for the file. I double click and bring all the slides onto the bottom screen. I use the project key to set the fades and add the music to give me a first look at what i'm doing. I then save and title as a project. All seems fine. This morning I go to run the slide project and although the slides are still seemingly all there the Error box comes up and tells me images can't be found. Can anybody tell me whats going on?

Jean :unsure:

Jean,

You must have inadvertently moved the project file to a different folder. Do you have all the images, music, and project file in the same folder, with no sub-folders? If not, try this and see if the project file will recognize the images.

Jean,

You must have inadvertently moved the project file to a different folder. Do you have all the images, music, and project file in the same folder, with no sub-folders? If not, try this and see if the project file will recognize the images.

Yes you are right, the sound was only on cd and not on hard drive,

Thanks Jean

• 2 years later...
Yes you are right, the sound was only on cd and not on hard drive,

Thanks Jean

Hi,

I have the same problem. And my images are also not found...

I've tried to put everything in the same directory but that didn't work for me.

Does somebody knows the solution of this problem?

elke,

Findiing your lost images can be a daunting task. First and foremost you must determine if the files are just missing and need to be found or completely lost and can not be found ?

-----------------

Identify how many files are missing and their filename(s).

Pte missing errors window

You can call up Pte's missing files window at any time with F5 key. You have to manually write your missing list ... or

Use a screen capture tool (like Faststone v5.3) that will capture scrolling windows and make a image of the missing list.

------------------

Once (or if) you find or locate all images and other source files ... you can just copy them all directly into the same folder (without any sub-folders) Also copy your .pte file to that same folder. Double-click the pte file copy (within folder) and Pte will now find all the relative source files. It is not necessary to restore the original paths and directory structure using this senerio.

Elke,

It does not matter if you move the pte-file of a project, but if you move images or music to other locations, the program will no longer find them, when you open the pte-file again. If you put all media and the pte-file into the same folder, the program will again find what it needs.

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munich

Ekle,

You how did you save your project ? ~ did you simply select 'Save' where in fact you

should have selected 'Save As' which creates a File called .pte within your Folder.

Then clicking on that .pte Icon will always open your Show provided you have not moved

anything out of the containing Folder nor have you re-named some Images within the Folder.

Its always the simple thing that trips us up...

Brian.Conflow.