WnSoft Forums

Editing objects (e.g. images)

Ernst

Maybe this item has already been discussed in this forum, or in the old forum. If so, please point me to the right thread.

Experiment 1.

I have been working on some slides and wanted to import an image (item 1) as an Object (using the object editor)

If you look for the object, you can browse to the folder where it is located and import it.

OK, up to here.

I was wondering if it is possible to click on that object once in the object editor, make a copy and paste it into my image processing software (PSP7). PSP7 is open already in another window. This I would like to do to process that item 1 (let´s say resize, apply some sharpening, trim, etc.)

I can copy in the object editor, but when I go to PSP and want to paste, the option is greyed out, or, if I previously had copied an image from within PSP I get that same image back. No way to paste my object of PTE. Conclusion: The copy and paste function is specific to the Object Editor of PTE. Right?

Experiment 2

I process an image in PSP7, and when ready I click, and Copy.

Then I go to the Object Editor of PTE, and Paste. What I get is the object I had in the clipboard, (but originally coming from PTE) and it was the same that I have been processing in PTE, but not the one I copied from PSP. Do you still follow me?

Experiment 3

I have been successful moving images from one image processor to another, just copy and paste, and it works. Back and forth.

No more experiments. Now, questions, and proposals.

Question 1. Is the clipboard specific to each software ? My first answer would be No. Experiment 3 shows it is not. The clipboard is a general function and facility of Windows

Question 2. If the copy and paste from one image processor to the other works, why is it not possible to take an ibject from within the Object Editor of PTE, export it to your image processor and bring it back in the way and shape you need it.

Question 3. Would there be a way that this feature could be implemented in PTE, in further versions? Or, is it possible to do what I trying to do? Copy and Paste image object from PTE to PSP, back and forth

I am thinking about this, because sometimes it is important to make last-minute adjustments of an object (image) from the Object Editor of PTE.

As was discussed several times, nobody pretends that PTE does everything, from brushing your hair to take your children to school. The program has been kept amazingly small and if adding feature it may become unstable, No thank you.

So, if there would be the possibility to use the clipboard of Windows universally, and not PTE-specific, one could then go back and forth from your PTE-show-in-preparation, to your image processor software, and then come back with your final product (your edited object).

On the other hand, maybe PTE could allow to jump to your preferred image processor software, adding that option in the Options tab. This would be something like: Go to your preferred image editor.

Finished with this part.

Next: I was wondering (may I play newbie for a moment?) what does the Path and Name of Sound Editor in Options mean. I put mine, and nothing happens, except that it asks me the same question every time I click on that option.

If this option means that you can go to your preferred sound editor (sorry I did not find out yet how to do it), and then edit some sound for your show, wouldn´t it be possible to implement such a feature for images too? Path and Name of your Image Processor?

Enough for now

Thank you for your patience.

Greetings

Ernst