WnSoft Forums

Beta 3 "problem"? 2 of 2

dagrace

(See another thread with similar title for the other situation)

Situation #2

This is solely a v5 issue as it has to do with PZR. I love the features and I think I have found some useful, tasteful transitions that add a lot. In my show, I have the “base” image, which may or may not move, and then I add some objects that appear at different times, fade in, move, etc. So the total duration of the base slide is, say, 20 seconds.

When I go to the timeline and watch the preview (using the “Play” button), all I see is the base slide, with none of the sub-objects’ movement (or the base, for that matter). It just looks like a 20-second slide.

3 questions:

1) Will we ever be able to see the PZR stuff from the mini-viewer window? (I know this is asking a lot!)

2) When I’m in the Object Animation window, is there any way to preview just this slide? It seems when I click on Preview, it starts at the beginning of the show. Last night I wanted to see the effects in context of the music, and I had to run the show over and over. It was only a 4-minute show, but what I wanted to see was 3 minutes in! I think on the main slide list there is a “start preview with current slide.” Does that but that invokes the mini-viewer, doesn’t it?

3) Even though I’ve enabled on-screen menus, I don’t see them, nor do the arrow keys work. I’m assuming this is a beta-not-implemented-yet issue? I’ll wait for it.

Bottom line:

I used Beta #3 “seriously” for the first time and I’m very pleased with the results, but I need some training/coaching/re-mindsetting. Thanks for any help.

By the way, I made a show for a friend last week. Very simple, no music, default transitions, etc. Just an automated show of 90 pictures. She was so impressed that she bought PTE the same day! This is a great tool, Igor! :D

(See another thread with similar title for the other situation)

Situation #2

This is solely a v5 issue as it has to do with PZR. I love the features and I think I have found some useful, tasteful transitions that add a lot. In my show, I have the “base” image, which may or may not move, and then I add some objects that appear at different times, fade in, move, etc. So the total duration of the base slide is, say, 20 seconds.

When I go to the timeline and watch the preview (using the “Play” button), all I see is the base slide, with none of the sub-objects’ movement (or the base, for that matter). It just looks like a 20-second slide.

3 questions:

1) Will we ever be able to see the PZR stuff from the mini-viewer window? (I know this is asking a lot!)

2) When I’m in the Object Animation window, is there any way to preview just this slide? It seems when I click on Preview, it starts at the beginning of the show. Last night I wanted to see the effects in context of the music, and I had to run the show over and over. It was only a 4-minute show, but what I wanted to see was 3 minutes in! I think on the main slide list there is a “start preview with current slide.” Does that but that invokes the mini-viewer, doesn’t it?

3) Even though I’ve enabled on-screen menus, I don’t see them, nor do the arrow keys work. I’m assuming this is a beta-not-implemented-yet issue? I’ll wait for it.

Bottom line:

I used Beta #3 “seriously” for the first time and I’m very pleased with the results, but I need some training/coaching/re-mindsetting. Thanks for any help.

By the way, I made a show for a friend last week. Very simple, no music, default transitions, etc. Just an automated show of 90 pictures. She was so impressed that she bought PTE the same day! This is a great tool, Igor! :D

To see just the individual slide you are working with from the Objects and Animations screen, click on the icon between "Preview" and "Project Options" rather than using the Preview. Preview will always start from the beginning of the show but the icon between preview and project options will start with the transition to the individual slide then play the slide you are on and continue from that position. Sound will be in the proper sync for that position.

Yes, there are a number of features not yet implemented in beta.

I'm not certain what you mean by "mini-viewer" window? Do you mean from the Timeline for music sync window? You should see the PZR from either Preview or from the icon between Preview and Project Options but at least right now only the changes in slides are shown from the music sync Timeline view. Whether it will be feasible to see the actual animations from here is still an open question.

Best regards,

Lin

To see just the individual slide you are working with from the Objects and Animations screen, click on the icon between "Preview" and "Project Options" rather than using the Preview. Preview will always start from the beginning of the show but the icon between preview and project options will start with the transition to the individual slide then play the slide you are on and continue from that position. Sound will be in the proper sync for that position.

Yes, there are a number of features not yet implemented in beta.

I'm not certain what you mean by "mini-viewer" window? Do you mean from the Timeline for music sync window? You should see the PZR from either Preview or from the icon between Preview and Project Options but at least right now only the changes in slides are shown from the music sync Timeline view. Whether it will be feasible to see the actual animations from here is still an open question.

Best regards,

Lin

Ah yes. I remember now reading about the "mystery button." ;) I shall try it as soon as I get home. Thanks!

Yes, what I call the "mini-viewer" is the small window in the upper right of the timeline window. I wasn't sure what to call it. :blink:

As I mentioned, I am keen on synching slide events (fades, or now object animation) to specific places in the music. So it would be VERY handy for me to see the object animation in the timeline window. But I imagine that is a huge feat. I'll be patient and glad for what we get! :)