WnSoft Forums

Butterflies

Tomuk

Today I have uploaded a short sequence on to Beechwood Cottage (Butterflies), I would be very grateful if you would have a look at it and give me any tips for improvement, I am desperate for any hints and tips on this wonderful programme.

TomUk.

Today I have uploaded a short sequence on to Beechwood Cottage (Butterflies), I would be very grateful if you would have a look at it and give me any tips for improvement, I am desperate for any hints and tips on this wonderful programme.

TomUk.

Hi Tom,

This is a beautiful sequence with great photos and presentation. My only suggestion for possible improvement would be on the portion where you have the two framed images joining the background. If you were to slow down the "fly - in" on the two frames and move your keypoints so that the transition to the next slide begins while the two frames are still moving it would avoid the rather abrupt stop necessitated by the present iteration of PTE beta 3. The release version will have non linear capabilities which can be used to effect smooth starts and stops, but with the present beta stops are rather abrupt. The best way I've found to avoid that is to start the transition to the next image sooner so that the movement is still happening on the current frame as the show progresses to the following frame. To do this I've found that allowing slightly more time for the slide, then pulling the ending keypoints into the region beyond the time line (where the image disappears from view) and setting the starting keypoint on the following slide before the time line (again causing the image to disappear) in effect gives you a cross-transition where one slide is still going while the other is opening simultaneously. By pulling the end keypoints for the movement of the two objects into this "nether-region" you can, in effect, have the transition from the one to the other before the actual movement has reached the end point thus avoiding the abrupt stop.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you for sharing this show with us. I enjoyed your images a great deal and the music worked very well with them.

Two points about the show - to think about:

1. the title and end sequence is, to my mind, a little "over the top" - text effects used "because you can" which distract from the beauty of the actual subject. IMHO keep the title and credits plain and simple.

2. a number of the images could do with a little help from Photoshop's retouching tools. If they started out in a digital camera then the sensor may need some very judicious and careful cleaning. However, I spotted some hairs which may indicate scanned slides. Although it's only a small point, is worth remembering that the eye is drawn to areas of contrast in the image. Black spots & hairs on a fuzzy backgound are real eye magnets!

Many thanks to Lin & Roger for their critique, I have taken your comments on board and will keep them in mind when I am producing my next sequence (whitch I would also like very much for you to review for me).

Tom