WnSoft Forums

Presentation Security

images77

If you can see it then it can be captured. There are screen capture programs that create video avi/flv/swf files such as Camtasia studio. I believe the free microsoft media encoder also has screen video capture capability.

Tom

Tom,

I'm working on a slideshow in which, as part of the introduction, I want to zoom in from a great height to an area of an island in the Aegean.

I really would like to achieve it with a bit of video from Google Earth, but, they want $200 for that capability!

Will Camstudio software you mentioned get round this little obstacle?

At the moment I'm trying to "make do" with a photograph of a map (The Aegean) combined with an aerial photograph (the island) but, it isn't a totally satisfactory solution.

John

The problem you might run into is hardware acceleration with Google Earth. If your capture is a black screen then you might have to turn off hardware acceleration, and then the video might hesitate. Some video cards can output video so it could be captured to another computer. There is also a capture device with a VGA connector/monitor pass thru that will capture the video to firewire. It's expensive, about $500.

Tom,

many thanks for that information. I'm using an Nvidea G force GT 7900 video card. I'm not sure yet if it will do the business.

Will let you know how I get on.

John

Tom, thanks for that lead to Camstudio. It may be less feature-rich than Camtasia, but the price is right. Of course, as in Camtasia, it creates huge avi files which would probably not be practical for use in PTE 5.0 tutorials on the Forum for download. However, it is a great addition to my bag of open software.

Bill

you might hold off till Brian enters his comments re Camtasia

he had some problems

many people have not complained -- they are still in business :rolleyes:

ken

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure if the above was addressed to myself ? ~ but just to give an answer anyhow ~ No I have no problems with 'Camstudio' and I have been using it for some time but not in conjunction with PTE.

I have never used 'Camtasia' so I can't comment ~ but I did have an issue with 'Techsmiths Screen-Capture Program' in that it uses certain Microsoft System Dll's and if one attempts to Manually Uninstall the Program you run a 95% risk of corrupting your PC.Operating System.

I'm all for application progress and development but in the case of Techsmith Products (some have no Uninstaller) so I have become very leery and I would certainly examine their Program Folder to see if they are 'use-sharing' Microsoft System Dll's.

I get very worried when a reputable Software Company doesn't provide an "Uninstaller" with a powerful 'System Interactive Program'

Brian.Conflow.